Are first week lectures important? (1 Viewer)

Sherlock

HSC
N/A
I'm just curious are first week lectures important? Also, do Bachelor of Arts units have quizzes? A few of my friends have been given quizzes but I haven't been given, how do I check on the blackboard?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Have you checked your outline under the sub heading of assessments to see if you have any quizzes for certain units? First week lectures are introductory lectures which will tell you what the assessments are, who your unit coordinator is, how to access content etc. so yes, it is kinda important.

Sherlock

HSC
N/A
Have you checked your outline under the sub heading of assessments to see if you have any quizzes for certain units? First week lectures are introductory lectures which will tell you what the assessments are, who your unit coordinator is, how to access content etc. so yes, it is kinda important.
But anything that will be needed for assessments or just introductory stuff?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
But anything that will be needed for assessments or just introductory stuff?
Depends. It's a first year lecture so they may also teach you how to use the library website and how to cite and use references (every unit/faculty is different - some use Harvard Referencing, Footnotes, AMA etc.) but you should be able to catch on pretty easy and referencing is usually taught in tutorials.

Sherlock

HSC
N/A
Also where do I check? Can't seem to find it

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Also where do I check? Can't seem to find it
Different units have a different set up on Blackboard so I can't give you one definitive answer on how to access your unit outline but generally when you log in your units are listed, click on the unit of interest and on the left tab see if you can find the contents link that will take you to your student outline. Just explore and get use to making your way around the site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)