• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are co-ed schools better than same sex schools or vice versa (1 Viewer)

What is better?

• Co-Ed Schools

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Same-Sex Schools

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

timhart

HSC
Just wanted to hear peoples views on the differences and simmilarities in co-ed schools and same sex schools

By the Way

I go to St Gregs Campbelltown (All Boys) and it is a great school

HSC
well i cant comment on same sex cos ive never been to one.
personally im glad ive always gone to a co-ed school. & i dont ever plan on sending any children i have to a same sex school.
but thats just me.

oly1991

HSC
same sex is probably better because there is too many distractions in co-ed schools :rolleyes:

djraven87

School or at home doing school work :( or BOSing
HSC
Co-ed is definately better.. And i'll send my kids to a co-ed school as well..

Why??

How else will you learn to "operate" (couldn't think of a better word) when your an adult in the bigger society.. (eww.. sorry bout the wierd wording)

Being in a co-ed school (i'm in one) lets you learn about how to act around the other sex.. and regardless of age.. it's an experience you will never forget.. :)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I think Co-Ed schools are better , but when in the classroom ..boys should be with boys and girls should be with girls. As for the playground...free!!!!woop

HSC
co-ed is definately better.. And i'll send my kids to a co-ed school as well..

Why??

How else will you learn to "operate" (couldn't think of a better word) when your an adult in the bigger society.. (eww.. Sorry bout the wierd wording)

being in a co-ed school (i'm in one) lets you learn about how to act around the other sex.. And regardless of age.. It's an experience you will never forget.. :)
+ 1

oly1991

HSC

Why??

How else will you learn to "operate" (couldn't think of a better word) when your an adult in the bigger society.. (eww.. sorry bout the wierd wording)

Being in a co-ed school (i'm in one) lets you learn about how to act around the other sex.. and regardless of age.. it's an experience you will never forget.. :)
true...but high school kids are in "in general" a lot more immature than in adult society.

cookie.banana

Banned
HSC
i honestly think that anyone who says co-ed is distracting has either never been to one, has spent little time there or was just a major whore. you get a broader spectrum of ideas and opinions, therefore if i was ever to spawn, co-ed is the way

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A
I think Co-Ed schools are better , but when in the classroom ..boys should be with boys and girls should be with girls. As for the playground...free!!!!woop
i agree! and i only know of 1 school that implements this

HSC
in yrs 8-10 we used to have all girls/all boys english classes. i didnt mind that actually.

allira92

HSC
meh each to their own, i personally go to a co-ed and i have no probs with it although i do think it would be interesting to go to an all girls school

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

Why??

IDK, I learned, and pretty quickly too.

I went to a same-sex school throughout highschool, and I'm glad I did. The female cliques were bad enough; I couldn't imagine how bad it would have been with males added to the mix!

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I honestly reckon it doesnt matter, ive been to co-ed and all boys, it doesnt really make a difference. I suppose theres less distractions in same sex, but then again james ruse is co-ed...

LordPc

HSC
I honestly reckon it doesnt matter, ive been to co-ed and all boys, it doesnt really make a difference. I suppose theres less distractions in same sex, but then again james ruse is co-ed...
thinking along these lines, I'd say if you were motivated and dedicated to your work, then being in a co ed environment wouldnt distract you that much, ie ruse.

but for those less motivated students that can barely keep focused on the lesson in a same sex school, introducing the opposite sex is going to destroy all hope they have of getting a decent mark.

I do remember my teachers always saying that same sex schools have proven to produce better marks or something. i still wonder how true that is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)