Are checkouts that bad? (1 Viewer)

Idyll

HSC
well, i wouldn't exactly say it failed.

it was more that you just didn't have to do as much work as you expected to achieve your desired outcome.

call it poetic justice :)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Argonaut said:
Well today was Operation: Anti-Amber.

And it failed spectacularly before it even got underway.

Because she got herself fired - the dairy Team finlly worked out who was drinking/stealing the 600mL Cokes from the back cool room and that person was Amber. So not only has she lost her job, she's got a criminal record to boot!

Amber is the 13 year old hey?! hahaha well there u go, u didnt even have to do anything and shes gone :) would of been good to do nothing for the entire of your shift though.....

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
Well today was Operation: Anti-Amber.

And it failed spectacularly before it even got underway.

Because she got herself fired - the dairy Team finlly worked out who was drinking/stealing the 600mL Cokes from the back cool room and that person was Amber. So not only has she lost her job, she's got a criminal record to boot!
WELL FUCKING DONE.

ABOUT TIME.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
Pros:

- little old ladies that are lonley and want to chat (they remind me of my gran)
- Hot, male customers...
- Being on Express (you have things to do: change baskets, serve on smoke shop, sell flowers, gossip to supervisors and other workfriends.)
- 3 hr shifts (by the time you're sick of it, you go home)
- Doing stock (you don't have to talk to customers and get to subtly shop while putting stock away)

Cons:
- The "I forgot my green bags, they're in the car *que laugh*" speech.
- The calico bags, especially when customers don't help you pack them.
- The smelly customers who buy everything except soap.
- When you are trying to do stuff (read woolies notes, do pickups, change orders especially) and a customer either:
A - comes over and says the whole "you look lonely *que witty smile*" speech
B - in express, they dump their sh*t on the counter and sigh at you, as if to say...well I'm here, jump thru hoops for me.

- The scan rate theory: How the hell do I go from 17.5 items per min and for some reason drop down to 11.8 items/min, especially when I haven't slowed my rate at all! Yet, ppl next to me in Express who scan really slowly have a rate of 16 - 20 items a min....WTF!!!
- 'The angry soccer moms' (I have different genres for customers) they are in their 40s, have like 2-3 kids, think they're hot sh*t and treat checkout ppl like crap.
- For some reason, when opening a checkout, I cant stand ppl asking me if I'm about to open. It's like.....well deeeeerr moron! I'm removing the trolley, taking away the "closed" sign and turning on my lights....wtf do you think I'm doing!

Ok, there are heaps more but I can't remember them.

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
MissMacbeth said:
B - in express, they dump their sh*t on the counter and sigh at you, as if to say...well I'm here, jump thru hoops for me.
OMG, I SO AGREE!

I am a department manager but I also work on registers.
I have a lot of work to do and do it at the service desk where the express lanes are.
This means I'm usually working on the express lane at the time.
I get so sick of having to be nice to people and it really fucking pisses me off when a customer seems to think "well there's no closed sign there so it must be open."
Well, you stupid fucking idiot,
-There is nobody standing there.
-The register has nobody signed into it.
-The screen says the register is closed.
Do they really think they are all that to go and put their stuff on a register and expect someone to come out of nowhere to open it for them?
I tend to tell them that the register is closed and that they should go to "number whatever" simply because I heard the store manager say it the other day. Can't dispute against that if you do it yourself can you? I mean, i'm a manager too :confused:

Seabiscuit

HSC
Im not sure if anyone has mentioned this.... but i HATE people who put their money or credit cards on the conveyor belt thing! Do they not realise that it will MOVE? And then they act all surprised when the money rolls away and we have to roll around looking for it on the ground! :(

And im also afraid of the cigarretes. I dont understand all those different types of cigarretes, and by the time a customer asks me for cigarrtees and i walk over to the cigararrete counter i forget what they wanted. And then my supervisor gets pissed off at me.. as well as the customer.

But usually its all good! :) Job isnt the most exciting thing in the world but the people are nice!

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Seabiscuit said:
Im not sure if anyone has mentioned this.... but i HATE people who put their money or credit cards on the conveyor belt thing! Do they not realise that it will MOVE? And then they act all surprised when the money rolls away and we have to roll around looking for it on the ground! :(
OMG SO AGREED
WELL DONE!

As soon as a customer starts to do this I pick the first coin up and put it in my hand and put my hand, wide open on the conveyer belt.
Yet, every single time I do this, every single customer ignores my hand completely and persists on moving to a different section to put the rest.
In a management meeting today, the manager expressed her opinions on ignorant customers and they were fantastic from my perspective! So now I know that I can say to the customer
"I have put my hand right in your face. I have put it there so your money does not disppear under the conveyer belt. If you persist on ignoring me, I will void this sale and you can speak to my manager."

Last edited:

BreadKing

HSC
N/A
standing at a register for hours is the worst.
but customers just top it off.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
OI!
i wish people would piss off and stop copying my BoS name :mad:

there's ShireKing, GnatKing, BreadKing..... any others? :mad:

mine's the cleverest anyway :)

BreadKing

HSC
N/A
BreaKing said:
OI!
i wish people would piss off and stop copying my BoS name :mad:

there's ShireKing, GnatKing, BreadKing..... any others? :mad:

mine's the cleverest anyway :)
Yes, but I am the King of Breads.

HSC
cashier is not bad, you need variety, i used too have 10 hour shifts on registers drove me insane, so i switch now as a worker in homewares, its just too much seriously

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
lmao i know......
it's gotta be a regular just using a diff. name......
wonder who though?

BreadKing

HSC
N/A
BreaKing said:
ok
well in that case, you're either

mack
absolution*
butterfly kissz
dark`secrets

or lazarus :p
Close but no cigar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)