architecture (1 Viewer)

jameswatton

i think i get it now :p, so, you do get given lots of prac work to do, and you go home, work on your designs etc and spend your design studio time being told how shithouse it is? then you go back home n work on it some more?

sounds fun. heheh

i.e. you go to uni n get given work to do.
related to the subjects your doing?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yes i think you have it in a nutshell. not so fun for some..six of my friends have dropped out in the past two years.

well its mainly design where you're given work to do each week, think of it as a visual arts major work or DT major work where your teacher (tutor) helps you and tells you what's wrong and how to improve, and you work on this for next week, and they re-assess what you've done. all the other subjects are mainly lectures and shit like that

jameswatton

ohh i getchya with the major work thing.. so really its down to how much effort you yourself decide to put into it?

jameswatton

end of first semester. lots of work. not good marks. assignment. test. tommorow. no study. 3 am. sleep now.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeah,such is the life of an architecture student. are you enjoying it nonetheless?

i've got a structures/construction exam on tuesday, and a 10 000 word essay due for naomi...eek.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
hmmmm wahhhh. hopefully if things go to plan i can use a couple of my electives to do architecture subjects next semester :) ... i cant stand what im doing, hopefully i can transfer to architecture next year .... i hope its not as hard as you guys have said :eek:

pri

HSC
N/A
im at usyd in architecture, and i can tell u a design crit is psychological torture at its worst and the most elated feeling at its best. Ive had both really bad and really good presentations, and can honestly say its a rollercoster ride.

CAD is easy to pick up once you have the principles down and its easy to learn another cad prog if u kno one. I learnt Archicad, then microstation and pickin up autocad was a breeze. Sketchup 3d is another good one.

You have to ALWAYS believe in ur own ability and not get intimidated by the wankers. (you know who they are...wanking doesnt always lead to greatness...unless ur steven holl or went to the AA or both)

oh and i get 15 bucks an hour for admin-ish work at a design firm, which i think is good for a second year.

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
johnson said:
yeah,such is the life of an architecture student. are you enjoying it nonetheless?

i've got a structures/construction exam on tuesday, and a 10 000 word essay due for naomi...eek.
10,000 words ? on a building.

jesus christ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)