Architecture!!! (1 Viewer)

What Uni Are You Going To?

• Total voters

Pierotte

HSC
Poor lonely lowly little thread.

Needs some reviving.

Time for a super post.

I figured once we'd all actually started our architecture studies this thread would go off

I guess were all too busy now?

I know i have been!

FAR OUT! Assesments galore!

AT the moment my hands are covered in super glue from making some boxes for class today. Feels horrible, but it is quite satisfying when i find a good bit to peel off, so long as it doesnt take my skin with it.

Anyway.

Comuting Technologies lectures are hell-a-boring, just becuase we havent actually started anything architecture related in that yet.. or maybe we have. I dunno, i just cant focus in that damn lecture.

I fell asleep in environmental technologies yesterday, i was just gonna have a power nap during the break, so i sprawled across a couple chairs and was unwakeable...

I woke up just in time to see him showing pictures of buildings that resebmle giant phallus

Im not sure what that had to do with anything...

Um

Weve been doing alot of design stuff, just general design, looking at things, objects, analyzing them, their appeal, their suitability, etc etc etc.

Learning to deconstruct objects,

In history and theory were still in ancient rome.
Had to read a ripper of an article on changing perspectives through time. Like the golden section and all that jazz.

I think thats about it.

So, people at other unis gonna join SONA?

Also what have you guys been up to? How does the teaching and learning differ from one uni to another? What are you guys currently doing?

Post post post to me baby.

Pierotte

HSC
i dont hide

Go to the uni bar during happy hour (thurs night 5-6) and youll be sure to see me

me and a bunch of mates play "expansion"

it involves sculling beers during happy hour, whoever loses has to go and grab atleast one random person to join in the next round.

By the end of happy hour the aim is to have a bloody big group.

Fun fun funness

Now. Archi ?

HSC
axie said:
!@#$ architecture ...
well then, mr. HSC: N/A. I suppose you don't live/work anywhere? For the open-minded, park benches may be regarded as architecture, so be thankful for the person who designed that 16xbolt plantation timber bench, child.

to pierotte: did you receive my email? your private message inbox was full.

Last edited:

axie

HSC
N/A
arnold182 said:
well then, mr. HSC: N/A. I suppose you don't live/work anywhere? For the open-minded, park benches may be regarded as architecture, so be thankful for the person who designed that 16xbolt plantation timber bench, child.

to pierotte: did you receive my email? your private message inbox was full.

Actually, I'm more accustomed to the post-war Japanese influenced George Nelson benches, with natural ash timber panels supported by a black varnished ash base. The lack of bolts on the surface is a feature utilised throughout Nelson's collection, which results in a far more comfortable nights sleep for us hobos. Also the profile of the supports allow sufficient space for one to stretch out while sleeping under said bench, a feature lacking from many hobo unfriendly park benches currently provided by the majority of councils in our fair state.

Arnold, I am, unfortunately, an architecture student, so when I say @#$! architecture, it is an opinion based on extensive knowledge and experience.

axie

HSC
N/A
It's not that bad, just not exactly that good either. The reality is that architecture, especially once you venture into the workforce, isn't a very rewarding or pleasant place to be. But then, this could be said for many different professions.

axie

HSC
N/A
Ahh ... I suggest you speak to as many architects as possible before putting your preferences in to UAC ...

HSC
haha, i did work experience with an architect who has his own private firm last year. when i came in for my first day, he told me he's living in his office because he just recently had a divorce with his wife and lost approximately 750k.

classic mr. architect man's quote:
"there's a coffee machine over there.. but i don't have any milk"

--
sounds very rewarding =D

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
haha woah, ive been too busy for bos/internets in general :eek:

oh my, i am loving teh uni so much <3 ... i think its cause i did something so gay last yr, im really appreciating the fun-factor. although, we've got fuckloads of work going on... and the design work is so obsessive, in good and bad ways :) (specifically our design thing with the photos of our 'motif' ... oh my, i barely slept last night just fucking around with photoshop :eek:)

all in all, w00t!

the people are all pretty cool, everyone ive met has been nice :) <3 haha i call for all uts'ers to identify themselves on friday in communications by wearing no pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or something more conventional, that you guys actually might go through with?

sup other architects?

Pierotte

HSC
iM LEARNING BINARY

oh.. that wasnt sposed to be in caps.

But why:(:( what does this have to do with architecture... why am i learning binary?
WHY JIM WHY!

Umm last thurday night i missed happy hour cuz i had to stay home and make boxes out of mixed media (plaster, resin, wire, walls, no walls, balsa wood, cardboard,)

Uh today i stayed home with the purpose of recording the suns path throughout the day... i woke up too late.
Its summer, as if stay home fomr 6am-7pm to hourly record the sons treck through a day.

Lateral thinking... hurts.

Did some more reading on perspective, i think im gonna try find evidence of the golden ratio in abstract expressionism, i got a good argument planned out (UNSWers stay away! no once else go down this path...or... ill get angry)

WHAT THE FUCK!? is it week 4 next week? Does that mean our artefact and ratio esqisses are due? WHAT WHAT WHAT??
..it cant be. i refuse to accept this inconvenient reality.

I remember i had something to do for tuesday... i cant remember what. How annoying. It had better not be more pictures that i spend an hour trying to print off only to realise that i only have time to talk about 1 of them.

Oh yeah, and im a BEE, yes im going to save the environment with my innovativebuilding methods! SAVE THE WORLD! us archtects are super heroes and its all up to us! .. says Peter Graham.
Anyone else find it weird that we go to a lecture with peter.. then go home and have to read his book? Shouldnt he just read his book to us in class? OR does he just love showing off the fact that hes been published?
HIPPY POWER HIPPY POWER HIPPY POWER!

I dont understand.
I really really dont understand what any of this has to do with anything.

But dont get me wrong, all in all im loving this shit!

Pierotte

HSC
*giggles manically*

Typing to you live from the super cool architecture hang out!

Yah we have a little room with computers and photocopiers and shit and its little and intimate and everyone here is an architect (future).

woot woot!

Nowi totally have to log out before any of the cool 2/3/4/5th year students in here see me using BOS and dub me geeky!

Pierotte

HSC
I have a severe ammount of disdain for all architecture students at the moment.

Sif neglect the thread?

Anyway this trhead can just turn into a journal recording my experience through the architecture course.

Yay?

Yay!

Ok.

Well I actually did my work last night, all of it. Who said architecture students can't have a life? As a celebration i'm going out tonight... uh... happy hour and then some. Yes i celebrate in such a classy way.

Weekend will suck however, i have many many many esquisses due for many many many subjects but I very stupidly left all my materials at home (kiama home) and managed to destroy all my balsa wood.

Yes that damn wood is not flexible in the least! It has its freaking limitations! I am not impressed!

I bougth a new knife today :D :D

Its scalpe-esque but with an almost flexible blade. Im not sure of what use it will be to me but i am building up my architecture blade collection one little blade at a time.

I think my net purchase will have to be a full fledged saw of some description.

Ok. Yeah well. My mid day tute isnt on today.. therefor i was free from 11 - 3. Went home, had a sleep, ate ate ate, watched tv, came back to uni, did some research, decided to bos for a bit... and its only 1:30.

I have too much time.

oh.. completely unrelated topic i SOOO saw casmira yesterday. I couldnt help but laugh and run run RUN in the opposite direction.
The prospect of running into BOSers terrfies me!

OGMOMGOMG what if someone sees me bosing right now?.. and say HI~!
Must log out!

HSC
did you wear jeans and boots and have like deep brown eyes cause i saw a girl that saw me then she looked like she was abotu to piss herself laughing, then my casmira-metre® detected possible BOS'er

but she was very cute so if thats you, you've been steve-approved®

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Casmira said:
did you wear jeans and boots and have like deep brown eyes cause i saw a girl that saw me then she looked like she was abotu to piss herself laughing, then my casmira-metre® detected possible BOS'er

but she was very cute so if thats you, you've been steve-approved®
Was she black and looked like a criminal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)