• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Architecture/Interior design (1 Viewer)

LaraAshley

HSC
Hey,

I know there is a course for these individually. But is there a couse where you can do both? And can anyone recommend a reputable uni thats best for an architecture degree.

Thanks!

Chase-

HSC
I'm personally looking towards Architecture myself. I don't think there is a course that combines both Arch and Interior Design - at least not a USyd or UNSW. Perhaps at UTS?

If anyone does do Arch at either USyd, UNSW or UTS:

Why did you chose your university?
How is it better than the others?
What's the focus on (design, project management etc.)?
What kind of work do you do and how are you assessed?
What's the teacher:student ratio?
How many hours do you dedicate to Arch on the whole per week (lectures, studios, personal study/work)?
Are there many opportunities to participate in exchange programs with other universities internationally?
What job options are available after university?
What's the average starting salary after university?

If anyone could answer any of these questions, I'd appreciate it greatly.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
im doing architecture @ UTSex at the moment... you should really decide which area you're more interested in, cause im not sure what 'interior arch' at new south entails, but i dont think there are many other degrees which take on both. that being said, at uts you can pick a sub major within both arch/interior degrees... heeps of people in my subjects now are interior design girls doing arch as their sub major.

even if you pick one and end up wanting to swap... its really not hard to do, and you should get credit for pretty much all your subjects. both degrees seem pretty cool, and im totally loving arch so im slightly biased there :eek: ... go to the open days and all that to find out more!

good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)