Architecture at TAFE. (1 Viewer)

luigiforever

HSC
I was just wondering , im in year 12 now and im doing G.maths, ancient history,geography,S.english and Tourism i had planned to do tourism managment but there has been a a change in plans and i was wondering if i can get into the architectural course at TAFE.
I also wanted to know do they teach the formulaes of maths and physics in this course or do they expect you to know? :)

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Do you mean the Dip in Architectural Technology? There's no maths as a pre-req so everything you need should be included.

This course is for people who want to acquire architectural drafting and
building information modelling skills.

You will learn how to present and document building projects using both
manual and computer-aided drafting (CAD) techniques. The course covers
building materials, construction methods and the social and environmental
aspects of residential construction projects.

The course has two streams: Development Application documents and
Construction Certificate documents.

luigiforever

HSC
Oh ok cool what do u think of it , I was always interested in travel consulting but i thought that job has not so much of a future as much as architecture i can always apply for undergraduate courses at uni after i finish my diploma right and advanced if i want to?
What do u think of it as a career??

luigiforever

HSC
Oh cool do u know anything about how hard Architecture is in regard of maths , because i do General maths and i find it ok now i think im able to learn new things if i go to the next stage.
And in regards of Architecture is it 2 years at TAFE sounds ok, i thought it was 3.
Anyways thx for the help
will wait for your reply.:)

luigiforever

HSC
Oh stupid me, i didnt read your achievements wow so your finished architecture at uni how did u find it and any advice plz and experiences plz?

luigiforever

HSC
Oh ok cool what do u think of it , I was always interested in travel consulting but i thought that job has not so much of a future as much as architecture i can always apply for undergraduate courses at uni after i finish my diploma right and advanced if i want to?
What do u think of it as a career??
I'm Still waiting for your reply about Architecture and how u found it at uni?

doma

rite...
HSC
hi, i did the 2 year architectural techonology course at TAFE (plus the half-year adv diploma cos i originally started mid-year)

i came from highschool with only general maths and architecture was a breeze at TAFE.. no maths whatsoever.. very basic stuff at least

i think the tafe course changed a bit now but we learnt basic hand drafting, construction, CAD drafting and modelling and design.

near the end of the course and esp in the adv diploma part the emphasis was more towards the design aspect.. more to gear us up for transition to uni i guess.

getting a credit average minimum is usually needed to get into uni, i got into UTS no problem.

TAFE is a breeze compared to UNI. uni architecture is no maths and mostly design and theory. you will need a creative mind with passion for architecture to do well

..well thats my2c

luigiforever

HSC
Cool man IM SO HAPPY NOW that u told me that , but what did u get across your modules Credits or distinctions?????????? WOOOT thx for telling me its so easy to get into uni from TAFE im so happy its a dream come true if you say so to get into UNI easily like that THX ALOT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)