Architecture 07 ! (1 Viewer)

HSC
awww you can be lonely with me.

where are all the architecture students anyway?

im actually pretty cut there isn't an architecture society at unsw, yet there are ones at both uts and usyd.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
That's cause none of the architecture students at unsw talk to each other.

Really, I was there for a year.

xxPanDa

HSC
hmmm i heard the unsw book pack, and art equipment pack is not worth getting...
whats in the art equipment? how much is it?

and what cardboard are u guys gona use to make cubes :S

HSC
i got the equipment pack, its ok. Apparently you get a 10% discount by buying all the items together in the pack but you can also get a 10% student discount at most art stores like eckersleys etc.

the pack comes with a wood t ruler thing, an adjustable set square, three pens, a pacer, two rulers, circle drawing things, geometry set with your basic compass etc, stanley knife, cutting board and eraser for 148ish.

but in my opinion the pack is missing a really good pencil (maybe one of those technicaldrawing ones)

i've been told by everyone, student and lecturers alike that textbooks are at most optional, so i'm probably not going to get them yet or at all. but i did get the BENV1411 printed course notes.

oh and my tutor for design fundamentals said we can only use boxboard for our cubes next week? but then after that we can do anything we want. i want to make mine out of resin!

well i hope you are enjoying architecture xxpanda, as much as i am

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
hows arch at unsw? is there alot of assessments oredi? omg..we have four oredi in 3 days...

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
harlequin, unless they've changed the equipment pack, you also got a big set of technical pencils, which are REALLY handy.

As for models, all the first year ones I had to do were boxboard! Hopefully they've changed it, boxboard is a pain in the ass.

And yes, Arch is a lot of work and a lot of assessments. :) Get used to it.

As for the textbooks, don't get em, get them one by one if you find you REALLY need them. I didn't.

xxPanDa

HSC
:burn: i tried used these carboardish/woodish sticks bought at quad store
PiSS me OFF! it kept falling apart, tryin to glue it again anf again...
arghhh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)