archi entry with portfolio ? (1 Viewer)

victoriouz1

HSC
hey guys, im a current yr 12 student who knows he aint gonna get like 93 or however high that uai is for archi @ usyd, but ive always been interested in the field of architecture + buildings and stuff for agesssssssssss
im wondering what options i got, and if a portfolio will help my chances if my uai is below the cut off.. ?!?!
thnx guys

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Sydney has various special entry programs. They're not extensive, but Architecture takes part in the Flexible Entry program. Basically, it involves them allowing you in with a UAI up to 5 points below the cut-off if you demonstrate an 'aptitude for the subject'. Architecture faculty has more details on its specific program here:
students will be assessed on their portfolio and a detailed analysis of high school performance including UAI and performance in individual HSC subjects. Good grades in English and subjects requiring interpretive ability are weighted positively.
Apart from that, the main option would be to do a different course for a year, go well and transfer into the course you want.

victoriouz1

HSC
ahh..well i havnt had any "experience" with archi...but wat can i do to make a mad portfolio ?? just do heaps of designs n stuff ? > . <
thnx for help~~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)