Arab-Israeli query, assessment task? (1 Viewer)

b-anna

HSC
N/A
I have one last written assess. task due, for Arab-Israeli. It's due the first day back of term (so I can't ask my teachers) but I'm not sure I understand the question? Do you guys have any help?

Research Essay
"By virtue of our natural and historic right and on the strength of the resoluion of the United Nations General Assembly, hereby declare the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz-Israel, to be known as the State of Israel."

In light of Israel's declaration of independence, discuss the impact that it had on all interested parties in this region up to 1967.

Am I supposed to just be looking at the time perio 1948-1967? Help please!

bling05

HSC
Yeah I assume you'd go from 1948 (when the UN declared the state of Israel) up to 1967 (6-day war)

b-anna

HSC
N/A
Thanks. It says I have to talk about the role of the UN and the role of the superpowers ... Where do they fit in?

bouncingCats

HSC
Try discussing the impact the declaration had on the 'interested parties', which i presume is Palestine, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon etc...and the events during 1948-1967, try including the quote in your argument, add some historian views to support your own and talk about the superpower's role eg. how the US or Soviet Union helped or hindered the parties involved etc... however there is no starting time period for your task. It only says "up to 1967"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)