Arab-Israel conflict question access help (1 Viewer)

markz

HSC
"discuss the influence of pan-arab nationalism on the arab-israel conflict in the period up to the israel-egypt peace agreement of 1979"

I'm not sure how to answer this question because to me its more of an evaluate type thing, so far I've got this in my mind.

""did pan-arab nationalism play a big role in the arab-israel conflict? list examples and explain up to the 1979 Egpytian peace agreement. Did pan-arab nationalism play a small role in the arab-israel conflict? list examples and explain up to the 1979 Egpytian peace agreement"" (what I'm thinking).

Any help? :wave::burn:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
When does this topic begin? I barely know anything about the conflict after the establishment of Israel, but I did the bit before it for a case study in Year 11 and I believe that Sherif Hussein was certainly aiming at a unified Arab state in the Hussein-McMahon correspondence.

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
By the looks of it, its looking for information about the AIC from May 14 (I think) 1948 with the "War of Independance" until the signing of the Camp David Accords by egypt in 1979.

So you need to address each of the 4 wars and what the Arab nations aimed to do (in essence destroy israel) but also look for expanding/regaining interests (eg - jordon geting back E.Jeruselum). Then look at the reactions to the signing of the CDAs with sedat's assassination, egypt being kicked from the arab league rah rah rah.

Also would be good to include that as a result of the Yom Kippur the arab states began using oil as a weapon, having set up OPEC and spiking prices, banning exports to USA + Holland.

GoodLuck

PS Triangulum - the HSC course starts in 1948 the day of the "creation" of israel. The stuff before hand isnt needing to be mentioned :)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Mc_Meaney said:
PS Triangulum - the HSC course starts in 1948 the day of the "creation" of israel. The stuff before hand isnt needing to be mentioned :)
Shame. The bit before is really interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)