Appropriate Funeral Clothing (1 Viewer)

froggy_chik87

HSC
I have a problem. I'm going to a funeral tomorrow, but i'm not exactly sure what to wear, since i've never been to one.

The person who passed away is the father of a close family friend. I babysat for his grandkids every week for 3 years, and he is my dance teachers father.

So is black still the thing to wear, or is it okay if you wear colours??

I haven't heard anything from the family on what to wear.

PLEASE HELP

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I don't think you neccessarily have to wear all black, wear something conservative though. i wore pink to my cousins funeral because it was her favourite colour

HSC
lengy i really don't think a thread about funerals is the place to be creepy, can't you save it for every other fucking thread you post in.

Lori.

HSC
Black sure is the way to go, and nothing like short skirts. And dont wear heels, cause you'll sink into the grass! And sunnies will hide your tears :)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
you don't have to wear ALL black, but you should wear some (unless the family specifically says to wear colours) and any other colour you wear should be discreet and subtle. eg grays, navy blue, brown. oh and yeah i agree with lori dont wear heels, and take some sunnies + kleenex if you're the teary type

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
i don't think black is necessary
i think something tame and nice and subdued
i wore a purple dress to my grandfather's funeral. but to honest, noone's really going to care what you're wearing.
hell, i didn't even give a fuck what i was wearing. my mother basically dressed me

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Wear black, it's about showing solemn respect.

Unless you're asian, or they are/were [the person who has passed/the family of the passed]

:confused:

Odette1990

HSC
It really depends on the relationship you have with the one who passed away, if it was a close one then black, if it wasn't too close then maybe something like grey or navy blue would be appropriate. No bright colours though, thats just disrespectful, and make sure that what you wear is decent, so no mini skirts, and what not. Hope that helps :)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
im pretty sure if you have common sense, that you wouldnt wear revealing outfits at a funeral
dark colours (black, dark blue etc) seems to be a fair trend here, but then again, youre paying your respects to a loved one, not to be on the catwalk, so i doubt the other mourners would really care what you wear

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Black is not going to fail you, that's why I mentioned it. If you really desire colour though just keep in mind that you should keep yourself solemn as it's a solemn event... no bright colours / fancy anything / short skirts etc.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
froggy_chik87 said:
I have a problem. I'm going to a funeral tomorrow, but i'm not exactly sure what to wear, since i've never been to one.

The person who passed away is the father of a close family friend. I babysat for his grandkids every week for 3 years, and he is my dance teachers father.

So is black still the thing to wear, or is it okay if you wear colours??

I haven't heard anything from the family on what to wear.

PLEASE HELP
the blackest form-fitting black suit you can find and matching pants. the whitest white shirt you can find, cleaned and pressed. skinny black tie. if possible, also a pair of black aviators.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Wear black. Wear appropriate clothing. Maybe you can wear a white shirt and black everything else, but black is the way to go.

You don't need to wear sunnies... that's too tv-ish. I saw some woman wear sunnies INSIDE church to a 40 day memorial for her father and I was like "what the...? Someone watches too much tv..". She wasn't even crying, but she was trying to be really stylish. You're expected to cry at a funeral (the same way that everyone else is), so there's no need to "hide" the tears. Some other female relative was dressed all emo wearing a black jacket that had a huge satanic symbol (pentogram) at the back of it... in church. I guess people say that nobody cares about what you're wearing, but if you're part of the "main" group of people mourning, they will care. Otherwise, nobody cares.

froggy_chik87

HSC
thanks for your help. I wore black pants, white top and a black cardi...with black heels.

I feel i was appropraitely dressed and it was a lovely service.

THANKS AGAIN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)