Apprenticeships/ Traineeships (1 Viewer)

dont_b_simple

i was just wondering how do u get an apprenticeship or traineeship? what do u have to do? do u just go and ask any employers (relating to what u want to do) if they will take u? there forms u need to get to fill out...very confused

..:MizJay:..

Super Supre Member
HSC
most companies will advertise for available positions relating to traineeships or apprenticeships.. but if u really want to do something at a particular place, just call them and arrange an interview.. references etc and hopefully they will give u a position! my friend got a position at an awesome hairdressing salon in manly, and they weren't advertising. but if u want it bad enough im sure u can get it! otherwise keep ur eyes open for signs and keep checking the local paper.. good luck! (now rep me :))

i_like_exodus

So can i just go looking for an apprenticeship available and that is all? What do i do about the TAFE side?

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
i_like_exodus said:
So can i just go looking for an apprenticeship available and that is all? What do i do about the TAFE side?
Most of the time it will be a case of the apprenticeship/traineeship is advertised in the newspaper. As part of the agreement to work you will say yes you will take up TAFE studies while you work and that is usually handled between the workplace/TAFE and you don't get to have a say in what course it will be or the certificate level. The delivery is usually what is called "block release" where you work X weeks and attend TAFE for X weeks.

There are also courses (pre-vocational I think they are called) that you can do at TAFE and depending on the campus they will then go out and try and find something for you at the end. If you get good marks and report then an employer would be more likely to hire you as an apprentice.

While you are on Centrelink benefits you are allowed one free TAFE course per year. So if you just want centrelink benefits and learn a little you can enrol in a year long full time course and away you go.

69^boi

HSC
N/A
no u dont even need to look for one, TAFE and other Education places
does it all 4 you....Just ring tafe up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)