Applying for a job @ Woolies online (1 Viewer)

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
I first registered and applied for a job online @ Woolworths around December 2003, but i still haven't received a call from them yet. My account is still active yet I still haven't had any luck.

Has anyone else applied for a position at Woolies online?

richz

lol, me too i have tried for many months and they havent called me up, i guess you have to try and find new stores or stores which are unknown!

dingding

Señor Member
HSC
i got a job within 2 weeks of applying online, but it was a new store and they were hiring shitloads. Its been more than a year so i don't like your chances.

mija

HSC
i applied in early november and got a reply 2 weeks later for an interview.
a week later i got accepted n started working.
but yeah ive got 3 friends who applied 2 weeks after me and they still haven't got a reply. one friend called up HR n asked about recruitment and they said the christmas casuals were already done and in late january they would be recruiting again. hope that helps, just update ur info until then..

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Dec 2003?! i thought the applications were only active for 3 months after you applied?! i remember when i was applying for my job (im at big w, but same company kinda thing) i had to put my application in 3-4 times... have you recieved an email saying there are no positions available at the present time or something? because i kept getting that and i rang up the store and they said just keep applying because there were jobs available or something.. i dunno!!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
it depends on the stores you are looking at
when you apply.. its for a region not a specific store
and i know that in my store we didnt need to hire anyone for christmas so it may have been similar with the other stores in the area.. but yeh keep trying and apply at heaps of different places (dont put all ur eggs in one basket)
if its your first job you cant really be too picky about it

Carlito

HSC
I applied in October 2003 and havnt heard from them yet. I think I even re-applied a few times because they sent me an email saying it expired. I applied online with Coles Myer around the same time and got a job with them in early 2004.

It

HSC
I applied online like mid octoberish and they called at the end of october for a phone interview. i passed that and went to a group interview at the start of november. nothing happened... no emails, no phone call to let me know either way so i called at the start of december. the woman i spoke to said i was successfull and my stuff had been referred to the store but they hadnt called me so she was gonna call them and hurry them up. its now january 11 and still no call.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
I work at Dick Smith (who's owned by Woolies, and heavily influenced by its parent company when it comes to these things) and we've just had a batch of new employees come through -- as cro_angel said it's heavily region specific, from what I saw. Additionally there's an emphasis on young (cheap) labour, but that'll change depending on what role you're going for, and where (ie Woolies shelf-stackers has different requirements to Dick Smith salespeople).

My girl's brother was involved in the recent round of applications & overall they seemed to have pretty lax organisation. In hindsight, the online applications (we have them too) very rarely seem to get too far unless you've got the right timing, and you're the right person. My advice would be to introduce yourself to someone at the specific place. Official policy seems to be to direct people to the website, so do that too, but if they take your resume and it's then on their desk to consider you, all the better...

ramanij

I applied in december 2004 (2nd) havnt got a reply yet

whata re the chances of a person who has no experience in geting a position at Wollies or coles or any other place like Maccas or Subway??

It

HSC
i decided to call woolworths recruitment (where i did the group interview) today considering they havnt contacted me since i called them mid december. anyway, the HR person told me to call the store n speak to the manager cos there has been some confusion and mix ups about me and some other people applying there. i called, and the store manager was sooooo nice and told me that the person who does the interviews for the store will call me back later in the day. when she called she was telling me i have had an interview organised 3 times already and havnt shown up... i told her that i havnt been contacted AT ALL yet she didnt seem to understand. she then proceeded to tell me i had an interview with her booked for late october (2 weeks b4 the actual group interview i attended!!!) i told her that there must have been som mix up. anyway, she told me to come in for an interview tuesday. yay- off to a great start, she alreay thinks i been lying to her!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I think the woolies near mac uni is classed as marsfield. And mac centre is classified as north ryde ... the ds that you applied for would be the one near borders.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i agree, i think north ryde = mac centre
marsfield = marsfield, epping road

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
same and ive just recently resubmitted my details for them again cos the period ended

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
i though woolies was pretty good at replying at stuff...? hrmm everythign sucks :(

i hate my job but sometimes i glad that i have it and i dont have to go through all the shit you beatniks have to go through. poor lil munchkins I FEEL FOR YOU FREINDS!

It

HSC
if they have a vacancy at a store u have listed in ur application they will call you and do a phone interview thingy where they ask u a few questions ie.

why do u want to work for us?
what do u think is good customer service?
when is a time you have worked as a team to achieve a goal?
what did u do to achieve that goal?
why do u think ud be a good employee?

just bullshit thru this n ul be fine. make sure u relate it to the job as much as possible.

then if u pass the phone interview, ul most likely have to do a group interview where ul be divided up into groups at a table and do a series of activites. (i can tell u more on them if ur interested, i just cbf typing atm, so if interested, lemme know)

so after the groupie, if ur successful, theyll pass ur stuff onto the store to organise a one on one interview.

But, make sure if u dont hear anything from them for a while after the group interview that you call them.

hope that helps

Darth Figgy

Angel of Music
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
Hey, i found something a little confusing. i want to apply for the woolworths and the DS Powerhouse that are both in the Maquarie Centre, but in terms of the latter, it gives the location:

"North Ryde-Powerhouse-NSW"

This is the right one isn't it? The one that is close to Borders? or have i applied to some other DS powerhouse?????

Same with the Woolworths in the Maquarie Centre, i chose this:

'Macquarie Ryde-Woolworths-NSW'

is this right, or does that refer to the one on the other side of maq uni and not IN the maq centre??? lol.
They're the same stores I applied at.

ZabZu

HSC
I found it hard to determine which woolies brand stores were in the Macquarie centre too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)