Apple Laptop Qs (1 Viewer)

bassbeats.

HSC
Hi,

I have had my current apple laptop (an iBook G4) for 3 years now, and the screen is starting to go dull, even on the highest contrast it is difficult to read. Also, the hardrive will sometimes not start up and freezes often.

Would it be worth my money to update my laptop now? I have had it for a long time, and need a reliable and readable laptop for uni, LOL. If I did update I would buy a Macbook.

Please tell me your thoughts on this.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
Umm probably. It matters, a new hard drive and screen would cost a lot of money possibly $500+.

But if your only gonna use it for Uni, you dont need an awesome laptop, maybe look on the dell website? www.dell.com.au. look at inspiron 1525, i have one and it works a dream.

But if ur looking at another Mac, they are much more expencive. i recommend looking at the refurbished ones, save alot of money, and the products work like 100%.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
bassbeats. said:
Hi,

I have had my current apple laptop (an iBook G4) for 3 years now, and the screen is starting to go dull, even on the highest contrast it is difficult to read. Also, the hardrive will sometimes not start up and freezes often.

Would it be worth my money to update my laptop now? I have had it for a long time, and need a reliable and readable laptop for uni, LOL. If I did update I would buy a Macbook.

i have the same laptop.
but the batterys dying and so i gotta keep it charged all the time.
but its still readable and doesnt freeze or anything like that.
if u want i could sell it to u.. but u would need a new battery if ur gonna use it for uni

Supermodified

HSC
bassbeats. said:
Hi,

Try this out. I've heard from people in the same situation as you that this program works really well. OLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

ScreenCleaner Pro 1.1.0

Over time, your LCD or CRT monitor will gradually fade in brightness and contrast. This fading is inevitable, because the backlights for LCD screens eventually fade, and the photo-reactive substrate on CRT monitors eventually degrades.
ScreenCleaner Pro rectifies this situation by altering the gamma of your monitor to compensate for monitor degradation, so it will look as good as new. Don't toss out that old monitor, just run ScreenCleaner Pro on it, and watch your old monitor gain a new life.

Simply let ScreenCleaner Pro run in the background, and it will automatically analyze your monitor's gamma curve and relative luminescence. After enough calibration data has been collected, ScreenCleaner Pro will adjust your monitor to like-new condition.

The analyzation/calibration process can take up to 10 minutes, but you can work normally while ScreenCleaner Pro is analyzing your monitor; simply let it run in the background.

MacWorld gives ScreenCleaner Pro 4.5 gems!!

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.ambrosiasw.com/download/download.php?product=ScreenCleaner+Pro&OS=MacOSX

Last edited:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
politik said:
OMGZ TEH LINUX IS TOO HARD!
Ezaclty, get a normal laptop from a private dealer. Make sure it has no OS on it. Get linux (debian).

rabid.gerbil

HSC
dood09 said:
ok, what the fuck
Its called photoshop.

ALso, for the general discussion. Get a Macbook Pro. They have upgraded the CPUs and lowered the price recently so they're worth it.

XP is great but it slows down after a while. Vista sucks. OS X is new, fast and just as good as any PC, btter if you know what you're doing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)