apple i-pad for uni? (1 Viewer)

Doomah

HSC
hi what do people think about getting the apple ipad for uni lectures? writing, doing formulaes, annotating etc?

Jocharles

HSC
IT would be a luxury, but not a necessity. I dont see it giving you a advantage, but if you have a spare $$$$ then why not?

Doomah

HSC
no need to print out lecture notes... is the main reason i want it, and then you can re-read your lecture notes with annotations you done if you ever need in later years whcih may be beneficial

Zaza101

HSC
From what i've see so far about the iPad, i would rather get a mini-notebook and write stuff on papaer lol

terminator69

HSC
I've found my ipad nano quite good for annotating notes and I can also use the formula to speech fucntion to have a female voice read back what I've written when I'm on the train.

astroe

HSC
Won't everyone watch you?
I suppose it'd be okay to get if you like attention or something. :p

AvalonPrincess7

Lost in Chemistry Fog
HSC
They certainly look very useful, But I think I'll reserve judgment till some people actually try them out who aren't paid by apple.... (not dissing apple, I have an iMac and would never go back, just not sure how well an iPad would work)

Whats with the name anyway? people are going to be eternally confused with the iPad-iPod thing

twistedrebel

HSC
yes, anything that looks like that is needed for uni, dont even wait for the reviews.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
If I wanted to pay double for something with half the functionality of an actual laptop/notebook, I'd get an antique typewriter.

rx34

HSC
It would definitely be handy but it draws too much attention to yourself in a small law lecture or commerce tute. Prices in the US start at $499, how about the Australian market?

rx34

HSC
I just read, it has no usb or ethernet points but it's really stylish. Really is tempting. I didn't read the specs properly but is it a tablet laptop?

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I would love to see someone try this, touch screen keyboard and lots of typing can never be good.
If you want something small and light weight for uni get a netbook

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Fixed.

I'm definitely getting one.
iPads cost $499 - $699. And $629 - $829 if you want 3G.

I got a netbook a few days ago for $390, with almost four times more GB than the largest capacity model of iPad, a headphone jack, USB ports, more battery life, and a keyboard that you can actually use.

iPads are a waste.

red-butterfly

HSC
i dunno... i think i'll pass on blowing my money on another apple product

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)