Appeals (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
Without Wings said:
i could have appealed as a strained a muscle in my arm, hindering my ability to write- i was taking pain killers the whole of the hsc and i couldnt write except for exams as it hurt so much...but i didnt as i felt that there were a lot ppl who had it worse n it was just my bad luck that i hurt my arm...
You could have still appealed that y'know. I strained my hand and It hindered my ability to write... no matter how bad or not bad it was, if it was affecting your performance then you have the right to appeal it.

I appealed all of my exams because of it (except bio cos I finsihed that with like heaps of time up my sleeve)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
we just find out when we get mailed our marks. if our mark has an astirs (*) then the mark has been modified and thats how you know... I think.

Our curriculum co-ordinator mentioned it at some point but I wasnt listening cos I didnt think it would apply to me then BAM...Day of the first exam I needed to appeal...lol

S

Shuter

I really should of applied for this as I was sick as a dog in both Bio and Physics. Ran out of time in physics and had no time to check over in bio.

But as they were my last two exams I went "meh" and couldn't be bothered going to the doctor for a doctors certificate.... although I was sick for about 4 weeks afterwards.

ajmr

HSC
Writer could not speak english

I put in an appeal for my drama paper because my writer could not speak english very well , and as you can imagine it is a little hard to dictate two essays to a lady who dose not understand half of the words you are saying.
you know if your appeal has been axcepted if you get a conformation from the board of studies

daniel_fank

as flipside said earlier, you find out whether your appeal was successful once the results are released; there is no other confirmation. i appealed english due to illness on the day, but i still sat for the exam.

i have a few questions regarding the appeal though, any insight would be appreciated. i do standard english, and i appealed paper 2. on the appeal form, you sign a statement which says that if your exam mark is lower than your assessment mark, the assessment mark will translate to the exam mark - but in the case of english, there are 2 papers. does that mean that i am essentially appealing paper 1 as well?

daniel

superbird

HSC
if most of ur appeals are approved then the BOS are doing the whole state an injustice. cmon excuses such as "having a sore arm" and "sore throat" and getting higher marks for that is unfair.
some of your excuses proove how the appeal system is being abused.

daniel_fank

superbird, with the gravity of these HSC exams; you would ensure you had every chance to maximise your mark. having a sore arm which inhibits your ability to perform would certainly warrant an appeal. dont forget that it is an appeal for illness or misadventure , and not everything goes to plan. furthermore not all appeals are approved, and im sure the legitimacy of each appeal is handled with care.

would anyone be able to add their insight to my question mentioned earlier?

thanks,

daniel

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
i just got a letter from the Board and they rejected 2 out of my 3 appeals...noooooooo! and as for my third one, i was told that i did better in my hsc than for assessments. Thats a relief

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
Komaticom said:
I got a letter a month ago saying my appeal had been successfully lodged. It didn't say whether it was approved or cancelled. mushroom_head, did the letter state what subjects you appealed for at the end of the letter?
yeah...
next to each subject you appealed for, there's a number code.
(1) means it has been approved
(2) means your hsc mark is greater than or equal to your assessment mark, so the appeal is unnecessary
(3) means it hasn't been approved.

amandaz

i just got my letter too......there was a list of my subjects and then a number (1,2,3) next to it
1)- exam mark lower than modified assessment mark, so you get ur assess mark as ur exam mark
2)-exam mark higher than mod assess mark (so while ur appeal is upheld, no changes are made)
3)- appeal unsucessful for this exam

i got only 1 and 2s *thanks god*
although this has only made me more nervous

spiny norman

HSC
I got mine back. I was very ill on the first day.

My English paper was accepted (which is bad, because my assessment mark was bad), whereas my Music was unnecessary (which is good, because my assessment mark was good).

It's made me so much more nervous than I was before, though.

nomz

i go 1) for physics and studies of religion. I'm so glad it was approved coz i was feeling like crap and obviously did crap... and my assessment marks have been fairly good

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
ok my freind phoned me now really frantic saying she had appealed in 2 subjects and had not received a letter from BOS telling her if the appeal was accepted or not......her friend had been sent a letter telling her her appeal had been acepted....and now my friend is worried......if a person does not receive a letter does it mean that their appeal was not accepted ?????

nomz

nah they should receive a letter either way letting them no the outcome of their appeal...

Lady_Melian

stary nights
HSC
i appealed for SOR1 coz my pop was sick and died. I got the letter today saying i got (2) for it so they accepted my appeal, but my mark was good enough for it not to matter. Yay! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)