Apology to SDD students.. (1 Viewer)

MrMiK

Originally posted by xGSiR
Woah hearing all your SDD teachers sucks, i think mine is fine, he seems to know his stuff and we were in track with chapters and such, though the class was lazy thats all :/ Quite a strict SDD teacher with using the net sometimes and other times just cool.

yer im thankful bout the teach we hav now. hes tops..
tho.. 5/7 the class is lazy (including me) and we always get off the topic talking about gawd knoz wot...
but still.. we can ring him any time .. or email.. and he is always willing to lend a hand..
its really bad that im not real motivated.

sneaky pete

HSC
N/A
just curious, does anyone here actually have a competant sdd teacher?
does there exist such a thing?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by sneaky pete
Yes there is there's a teacher at my school so good it's crazy bananas, like he taught the 3 unit comp studies too!, too bad i don't have him for my teacher, but i ask him ques alot, i even went through the option topic, believe it or not i managed to finish half of the topic in just 1 period it was funny, and i understood it so quick.

saves.the.day

HSC
yeh I didn't realize how many students did not have a competant teacher for SDD. At my school we had this sub and was on a trial basis for a couple of months and yeh she was pretty much fired immediatley after her contract expired because her class complained and stuff. Right now at my school i dont think i could complain, like both the sdd teachers seem to know their stuff which is good.

simmmo

im another bad teacher case....the prob was that i went to TAFE anbd did it there and my teacher is an engineeer who just teaches comps part-time, this is his first year of sdd. add to that the fact that the way tafe does it you do yr 11 and 12 in one year, so we didnt start HSC course till April, and we only had 1 class a week. he tried to make up for it by marking generously, but what helps that gonna make. but yeah we ran out of time, so that last bit of your project didnt get marked hew just gave us a mark bases on our highest mark so far, and we didnt do the option he told us to study it at home.

and our class dropped from 17 to 4 in 4 months

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
Of course they exist.

Originally posted by Inhuman
wow that makes me so grateful that I have a really good teacher. Thank you Stephanie Schwarz!!
You must be from Moriah then, eh?

Last edited:

yoshi

Originally posted by Beaky
I might get some industry experience for 5 years then go to teaching... money is not important for me i guess
I've heard of an accelerated Dip Ed program for experienced IT workers - I think you get it in a peried of six months and perhaps rebated by the government. My memorys' a bit sketchy on the details but it does/did exist.

I have an inkling to do the same thing as you Beaky. I'm doing a software engineering degree right now and I'm planning to try get a tutor position somewhere to get the ball rolling.

Actually, since some of you here probably use tutors for other subjects, can I ask if tute sessions still run through the summer holidays and do the tute places get any business? Has anyone been to an SDD tutor before and how were they?

All you people have a right to complain, but realistically it's a simple issue of who in the teaching staff is the slight bit more competent with computers than the others. I know an English teacher who is teaching SDD! If you have anyone to blame, blame the government for not recognising the need for competent (or simply enough!) teachers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)