AOS Trial....HORRIBLE!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Confuzzled?!

HSC
OMG! it was horrible yesterday....*cries*

some article about teenagers and pop culture..some cartoon....arghh...section II was a speech for me!! *Cries* i can't do speeches..and section III had to be an essay!! which person said section III was an essay......u jinxed it! LOL...
but it was horrible......

for those doing Advanced English.....did u do ur prescribed text, stimulus booklet and a variety of texts you found on ur own?!
coz in the books we've gotten, it says that...
but my teach said 2 Gwen Harwood poems, stim book and 1 self text.
GRRRRRR ---- can anyone clear that up for me?

ben

ok, ccaaallllmmm down....

btw, we had to do a radio script for our section III

Confuzzled?!

HSC
i am calm...lol...i've got the trial paper from my school for yesterday..dunno if i'm allowed to send incase some of the texts are similar...

lol...radio? yukky....

too bad it's definately not a review or song lyric or report! Lol.

roo

HSC
Originally posted by Confuzzled?!
OMG! it was horrible yesterday....*cries*

some article about teenagers and pop culture..some cartoon....arghh...section II was a speech for me!! *Cries* i can't do speeches..and section III had to be an essay!! which person said section III was an essay......u jinxed it! LOL...
but it was horrible......

for those doing Advanced English.....did u do ur prescribed text, stimulus booklet and a variety of texts you found on ur own?!
coz in the books we've gotten, it says that...
but my teach said 2 Gwen Harwood poems, stim book and 1 self text.
GRRRRRR ---- can anyone clear that up for me?
ha i hate speeches too! ours was a narrative so i just rewrote a story i did in class.

i had about an hour left at the end and did 2 harwood poems, one stimulus booklet thing and 2 of my own choosing. the question usually asks you "...from textS of your own choosing" meaning you probably need more than one of your own texts. :)

Confuzzled?!

HSC
ha i hate speeches too! ours was a narrative so i just rewrote a story i did in class.

i had about an hour left at the end and did 2 harwood poems, one stimulus booklet thing and 2 of my own choosing. the question usually asks you "...from textS of your own choosing" meaning you probably need more than one of your own texts.

and i have to do a speech right after trials infront of both advance english classes on 50th gate and 3 suppl. texts...grrr.....

an hour left?!!?!?!?

yeah....
the text in the exam said that.

My english teacher said
2 poems
1 stim
1 self text.

?!?!?!? and then in the book it said what you said! so me, drew, jess, mariana, we're all like "stuff it! he said 1! we're doing 1!!!" lol.

it was horrible...

oh...i'm praying i've got an narrative for BNW/BR or Lear tomorrow...actually..i want a narrative or Diary Entry, or Writing in a role for all 3! LOL!...
omg..i'm so unprepared! i know nothing!!!!

roo

HSC

My english teacher said
2 poems
1 stim
1 self text.

?!?!?!? and then in the book it said what you said! so me, drew, jess, mariana, we're all like "stuff it! he said 1! we're doing 1!!!" lol.

it was horrible...

oh...i'm praying i've got an narrative for BNW/BR or Lear tomorrow...actually..i want a narrative or Diary Entry, or Writing in a role for all 3! LOL!...
omg..i'm so unprepared! i know nothing!!!!
never rely on a teacher! lol! i just looked at past papers, stuff from board of studies (like specimen and last yrs) and other school's ones. you see theres a link and stuff with the questions.

i have the second paper for english tomorrow as well. :) i doubt there would be a narrative because all of the modules require a critical study of the texts so it would most likely be a report, magazine or newspaper article, essay or even a speech. :(

for example, in the specimen paper last yr it was:
"You are a visitor to the worlds of your prescribed texts. Write a personal reflection on the relationships between humans and nature in each of the worlds, and show how they differ in two texts."
so i spose you could do a diary entry for that one!

lear was an essay in the specimen and the actual exam i think.

anyway, good luck!!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
dunno if i'm allowed to send incase some of the texts are similar...
u can send, but Lazarus wont put it up until after the trial period
but, yes do send it in, the more papers the better :)

and good luck for ur Paper 2
sounds like u'll need it !

Matt

my teacher marked the HSC last year and said u need:

2 from stimulus
2 poems (skryznecki or whatever your option is)
2 own texts

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Yes. You only USE one from the Stimulus booklet, but it is BETTER to preprare two. Then you would have a choice to two texts from the Stimulus booklet to answer the question given.

Confuzzled?!

HSC
GROAN...headache..eyeache..sleepyache!

omg! AA88, did ur shoulder and neck hurt from the exam?

MinAi..kewlies :)

lol..i know he won't..i read a post somewhere earlier that the trial papers wouldn't be done up till after the trial period.....

groan...doubt i'm allowed to take biology and music papers with me! LOL.

so tired..so achy..so screwed!!!!!

crap crap crap.
newayz...LOL.

Teachers, smeachers, bleachers...and to think he said "good luck" to me for Paper 1...WHY@ i KILLL DAT MAN! lol.

ben

Our trial specified "two texts of your own choosing"...

I did Sky High, 1 Gwen Harwood poem (my excuse is 'At Mornington' is complex) and 2 texts.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
my teacher told us not to do the door becuase it wasnt the best one we could do...translation...she didnt like it.

so i did The Door, the skzynecki poems we know...or are meant to know we havent finished them yet..., and 4 other related material...the only problem is i get to the end and i give up even if i havent finished my essay....i must deal with that one day...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)