AOS-Skrzynecki poems-changing perspectives (1 Viewer)

Toby

hmm..
Hey, are you guys going to study ALL of his poems, or are you just going to study 2, and hope for the best? (that the HSC will not specify which poems to do?)

Or am I completely wrong? And the HSC will not specify particular poems in the change section? They have not done it in the past... although i heard that they can? It'll be truly evil if they do it to us... :chainsaw:

help! or should i just study 2? and study the rest briefly?:confused:

Skunkylicious

they shouldn't say to use a specific poem because in change the first section is comprehension, the second section is creative writing and the third section just asks you to refer to your tetx (normally) so considering there a lot's of texts they may divide it in to changing perspectives etc. but i don't think they will ask u about a specific poem

lingling

They can specify any part of a text that has more than one component. So they might ask for a poem, but I think it's more a scare technique used that you study the entire set of poems. Just go in knowning 2 or 3 really well, and know the others vaguely enough to be able to bullshit a paragraph if worst comes to worst.

Theologue

Waste of time.
Learn 2 in detail and one briefly.
You do not need to study them all.
Fucking crazy kids.
You have 40 minutes and have to include your 'Changing' text from the Stimulus booklet and at least 2 related texts.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha iwas worried about this as well, started a thread about it, and i came to the conclusion i will know them all very vaguely, and a couple well

bails

2 is too many already to learn! I dunno which ones ill do yet, i did 10 Mary and Felix in the trial. do you think i should stick or switch? im not sure...

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
huh? My teacher said know two VERY well, but you shold have a working knowledge of the rest. According to my english teacher, the HSC examiners CAN specify one particular poem. Unlikely to, but they are allowed to. I s'pose its too late to start studying now, but if you can get a working knowledge, do so. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)