AOS - English (1 Viewer)

HSC
oh i did conflict in yr 9 as my area of study... i cant really remember alot of it but if ur school gave u booklets then i suggest looking thru those, espically if they are asking for another one of your own source.

when its creative writing i find that you cant really study for it neither can you for reading task in an exam unless theyve said otherwise.

when its an unseen essay question, its garanteed that the answer they are looking for is varily board, so in regards to the text, i suggest u find ways/ techniques and most importantly qoutes as to how the text links into your area of study.
so not just the technique used by the composer, but an event of the text which links to the idea of conflict, how the composer was able to do this and then a quote to back up your arguement.

good luck ;)

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
Whats the best way to prepare for prelim reading task and creative writing?
All i've done really is go over techniques so i can analyse stuff.
Thanks

oh...also umm how do i do an essay when it says how have the texts you've studied conveyed their meaning of conflict...

do i just talk about techniques used by composer?

Last edited:

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
practice creative writing & submit to teacher. Once you get a literally 'perfect' one, memorize it and just adapt it to suit the q asked.

Smithyo

Unleash Hell =)
HSC
my teacher, for the AOS exam (section 2) at the end of this term, wants us to have written 2 stories, so once we get into the exam we can modify one of the stories so it fits into the certain statement or stimulus. I guess thats the best way to prepare for it, just practice and hav a story pre-written.:):)

cfair

Banned
HSC
What does without the stimulus booklet mean?

Don't bother posting "you don't get it"... explain please.

cs01001

HSC
I am guessing you choose your own text, might be wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)