Anyone write as well (1 Viewer)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
I've written some poetry and a script I wrote last year. (A satire of crime and superhero programmes with a cast made up of people from my school. Sadly, it required people knowing the characters to get the jokes that weren't obscure references.)

Would like to more, but have plenty of uni committments.

Koume

Rabid fangirl
HSC
I love writing, it's one of my favourite past times :)

I really need to join Fiction Press, I think... I have a fanfiction.net account, but I haven't put anything up for aages there (fanfiction.net/~koume if you're interested... I do mainly Zelda fanfiction, some Yuugiou) and yeah, I'm kind of over fanfiction for now.

I've started writing a bit of non-fan fiction, though. I've been really motivated recently since my English teacher apparently discovered it to be my "hidden talent" and encouraging me. I do EE2 but I like to write outside from that.

Actually, hell. I'll start up a fiction press account right now. I've joined as Kiyala, but it won't let me put up stories for three days T_T I'll hopefully have stuff up after then :)

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
i like writing, i just dont have discipline. i start something and almost never get around to finishing it.
i write fanfic, which is fun and i was going to do stuff on Fictionpress a while ago but it never ended up happening.
i love to write though... it makes me happy :)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I'd love to have the talent but I've never been particularly gifted at writing. I used to write a lot when I was younger but I had no discipline and I'd get bored with everything I started. I think I also lost momentum when I'd read other people's work and get disheartened that I could never write as well as them.

If I was to take up writing seriously it'd be as a historian, as my interest has always been primarily with non-fiction.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
I love writing. I write on my LiveJournal, in my personal diaries, in my notebooks, in my "letter books"...I would do 4U English but my mum won't let me.

Oh yeah. And I'm writing a progressive novel as well (it's going to cover my HSC experiences) and various other things.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Now that I've finished HSC I am looking at teaching myself how to write a short verse novel ala Dorothy Porter, as it just seems like such an unusual venture.:D

stella8h8chang said:
I love writing. I write on my LiveJournal, in my personal diaries, in my notebooks, in my "letter books"...I would do 4U English but my mum won't let me.
Your mum isn't sitting the HSC, recieving the UAI, or going to your university for you. It's not a question of whether she lets you, its a question of whether you let yourself.:)

Last edited:

keladry

lady knight
HSC
stella8h8chang said:
why not? it's fun, good creative output, u get discipline to finish stuff, it's scaled massively, and u can do whatever u want. i did 4u english too, but in the end i dropped it coz it just took too much time from my other subjects. it was a choice between doing something i enjoyed, or getting into uni. it killed me, but i chose getting into uni. i needed those prereqs.

i sort of write now, but uni really gets in the way (my course is nowhere near arts), and there's a lot of other things i want to do to, so all my ideas are shoved into the back of my head for the time being. maybe i should write them down somewhere before i forget them.

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
kami said:
Your mum isn't sitting the HSC, recieving the UAI, or going to your university for you. It's not a question of whether she lets you, its a question of whether you let yourself.:)
My mum fully freaked me out; she said she wasn't going to support my decision to do 4U English...like she said she wouldn't let me sit on the internet doing research all day long. She also told me that my other units would suffer, as I'd put too much work into it...and she wants me to top the state in 2U English, Chemistry and 4U maths (I haven't had the heart to tell her I have no hope). And because I'm a perfectionist, she said that I would end up getting upset, and if I got stressed I would not be allowed to talk to her about it.

Koume

Rabid fangirl
HSC
Argonaut said:
Lately I've done some writing for a fan forum I'm on and I'm currently in the middle of a Role Play where you create a character - in this case it's a group of characters - and stick them in someone else's situation with other players.
Yay! I'm a roleplay junkie too. Or at least, was. There's no one good to roleplay with these days and I've been losing interest =/

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
stella8h8chang said:
My mum fully freaked me out; she said she wasn't going to support my decision to do 4U English...like she said she wouldn't let me sit on the internet doing research all day long. She also told me that my other units would suffer, as I'd put too much work into it...and she wants me to top the state in 2U English, Chemistry and 4U maths (I haven't had the heart to tell her I have no hope). And because I'm a perfectionist, she said that I would end up getting upset, and if I got stressed I would not be allowed to talk to her about it.
It sounds like it might be a good idea to listen to yourself rather than your mum - afterall you know more about the HSC than she does and you are at a point in life where you need to start making choices too. No one can stop you from writing except you.

HSC
Argonaut said:
waf, I'm sure you're the one responsible for the Wilbur Smith-style R-rated shite that seems to make up 99% of it.

You give us writers a bad name.
But it's only natural that Harry and Draco should be together! Stop denying their love :(

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I tend to write very irreverent and therefore absurd pieces because I'm a pretty easy going and jovial person and people writing about sadness and grief when they know nothing about it to me seems very narcissistic and trite.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I write notes down for a short story/novel but never had the initiative to really complete anything. So far I have a Word document that contains random sentences and ideas I've accumulated over time.

I would like to write a movie script/film/screenplay and do the choreography though.

Lets Role Play :D (someone create a thread)

Last edited:

transcendent

HSC
N/A
bscienceboi said:
I write notes down for a short story/novel but never had the initiative to really complete anything. So far I have a Word document that contains random sentences and ideas I've accumulated over time.

I would like to write a movie script/film/screenplay and do the choreography though.

Lets Role Play :D (someone create a thread)
lol i thought i was the only one who did that! sometimes i would think of random quotes and write them down in my blog thinking they were inspiring, at least to me. it fun but without a purpose it doesn't go anywhere.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
transcendent said:
lol i thought i was the only one who did that! sometimes i would think of random quotes and write them down in my blog thinking they were inspiring, at least to me. it fun but without a purpose it doesn't go anywhere.
I also listen to songs, and when I can't hear the lyrics but only the tune I start making up lyrics for the song :D

transcendent

HSC
N/A
haha yeah i do that too. i used to try to write out the lyrics. i did some lyric replacements for Coldplay. that was a long time ago though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)