Anyone watch "Drive" (ch10, 4pm saturday) (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just wondering what you guys thought... it looks a bit like a ripoff of BBC's Top Gear (i mean.. c'mon.. a ripoff of The Stig!)... but then at least it's an aussie show so that'll do. Although they lack the charm of the cockiness of Jeremy Clarkson (sp?) and his overconfidence... but then, he also has driven much cooler cars than 99% of people I can think of.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Finished at 4:30.

Don't worry you didn't miss out on much0 they had Renaultsport megane Turbo 225 and BMW M5 today.. next wk they've got Porsche for the Hot Lap~

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
TV show done by the ppl who do Drive (a section in Friday & Saturday's papers)... it's alright- think of it as Wheels magazine + a videocamera.. it's like cool cars for the mainstream- eg. Monaro... it was ironic, the Monaro review was alright (not that favourable) but right after it, they had an advertisement for it... Hopefully as time goes on they'll get better at presenting (although it wasn't that bad I admit) and it'll be fun to watch; but then I'm just interested in watching a car-related show which isn't "only" V8s...

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
it was really gay when they were reviewing the monaro CV8Z and made it to be some fairy tale with the woman reading the story. apart from that it was alright, better than The Car Show.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't get the point of the fairy tale thing... made the show look kinda lame- but it got better. No matter how many internet reviews I read- nothing beats seeing video footage.

juicebox12

HSC
Meh.

Top Gear is coming to Australia though (SBS). I hope its the full hour episodes, instead of the cut down 1/2hr ones they show on BBC world...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
When is it coming on SBS? What times does it screen on BBC World?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't mind my stupidity but what is BBC World? Or is that the name of the Foxtel channel?... if so, yes when is it on?!!! It's an awesome show and it'll save me from downloading 350meg episodes!

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
seremify007 said:
Just wondering what you guys thought... it looks a bit like a ripoff of BBC's Top Gear (i mean.. c'mon.. a ripoff of The Stig!)... but then at least it's an aussie show so that'll do. Although they lack the charm of the cockiness of Jeremy Clarkson (sp?) and his overconfidence... but then, he also has driven much cooler cars than 99% of people I can think of.
i managed to watch it today, it is a ripoff of top gear (the stig ripoff...the "chip" hahaha). they even stole soem segments form UK's Fifth Gear (which is another top gear copycat). still a good show, but not as good as the original.

7th Sign

HSC
its shit..

they only ever have shit cars..

the people on the show are real homo aswell..

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
shortygb said:
i managed to watch it today, it is a ripoff of top gear (the stig ripoff...the "chip" hahaha). they even stole soem segments form UK's Fifth Gear (which is another top gear copycat). still a good show, but not as good as the original.
LOL i know who the chip is, my dad has worked with him since he was 15.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)