Anyone want to form a study group? (1 Viewer)

Zephyrio

HSC
Hey guys.

Because I get really bored at home and I dislike going on the internet too excessively, I was just wondering if anyone struggling with their subjects wanted help? I figure that this might be a really cool way to learn, as I could possibly help some of you guys and in turn, you could teach me also. This would be a great way to reinforce the knowledge we have gained from school, and together we might just soar to the dizzying heights of mediocrity, or, if you prefer to be slightly more optimistic, be x as it approaches infinity. Wooo!

I ranked first in my subjects apart from chemistry and 3U maths, averaging 95% across all my exams. 3U was my lowest mark, 85%, ranking around ~7th. Now obviously, my weakest subject would definitely be 3U maths... it's very frustrating, so if anyone wants to help me/tutor me, especially in induction (omg), that would be really nice of you, and hopefully I could help you in something. I hear that you retain something like 90% of the things you teach another person! Also, the reason why I need to have a bit of guidance in maths is because I go to a selective school which is pretty renown for its mathematical prowess, and I find that it's very hard to get any outside-time for my friends to help me because many of them go tutoring. Plus there's the whole competitive thing which is like gah -_-.

So if anyone wants a little extra help, I can probably head over to a library which suits us both and maybe we could go through some things so we both improve. If you think you can help me with some maths or any other subject, that would be awesome too, because it would be nice to sit and have a nice chat about how, for example, the major work's going and stuff... share and compare notes we get at school. Some people on the other thread talked about not helping others and blah blah because the HSC is a game, a giant ranking system, and whatever else which constituted educational iniquity, but I reckon that this kind of competitive attitude is amiss and tbh, unhealthy. No one ever said the HSC had to be cut-throat dog-eat-dog.

I just think that this is a really nice thing to do, so if anyone wants any help/notes or whatever, please feel free to contact me. Or, if you feel like you could help me out, that would be really nice too. My hand's stretched out <3.

Last edited:

smackattack

Banned
HSC
Someone help me with coleridge and i'll help you with anything bio/legal/economics. I don't like tooting my horn or anything but I won't lie, I am a pretty amazing student when it comes to those.

jackattack

HSC
N/A
It sounds like a good idea, but there's this problem with me and study groups. You know how everytime you organise a group of people to study with, there's always one annoying fucker who keeps on talking and distracting you and ends up being a hindrance and not a help and who you wish would just fuck off already?

tsup! :wave:

That and I severely doubt I'd be able to help anyone anyway, I'm nowhere near as book smart as you guys.

But you know, if you're planning on going out to eat or drink afterwards, let me know.

Zephyrio

HSC
LOL, that's true Jachie. Why the hell am I calling you Jachie still?

And you are amazingly intelligent, esp. in English, so get off your low-horse already. :p

jackattack

HSC
N/A
Nah you can still call me Jachie, or Jacqui if you want :shy:

aw shucks :eek: Yeah, I'm kind of all right at english I guess. But I definitely need some help with Legal, good grief I am going to fail that subject unless I get my act together.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
This study group thing sounds good! The only subject that I can productively work on in a library is Maths though :eek:.

jackattack

HSC
N/A
Um, why the fuck was the legal Q+A deleted? Oh yeah mods, that was spam galore right there, gg. I particularly like how the question is still there but the answer is deleted :rolleyes:

EDIT: oh, it appears half the conversation was moved to another thread. Question then, mods: how come an entire off-topic discussion on actus reus gets moved into its own thread, but a couple of posts on mens rea or complete defences or whatever the fuck the brief 'quiz' was on get deleted? i know it's small, but it just baffles me. how do you expect us to follow rules that aren't clear? what made one topic worthy of deletion, but not the other?

Last edited:

28FEB

HSC
Zephyrio said:
Hey guys.

Because I get really bored at home and I dislike going on the internet too excessively, I was just wondering if anyone struggling with their subjects wanted help? I figure that this might be a really cool way to learn, as I could possibly help some of you guys and in turn, you could teach me also. This would be a great way to reinforce the knowledge we have gained from school, and together we might just soar to the dizzying heights of mediocrity, or, if you prefer to be slightly more optimistic, be x as it approaches infinity. Wooo!

I ranked first in my subjects apart from chemistry and 3U maths, averaging 95% across all my exams. 3U was my lowest mark, 85%, ranking around ~7th. Now obviously, my weakest subject would definitely be 3U maths... it's very frustrating, so if anyone wants to help me/tutor me, especially in induction (omg), that would be really nice of you, and hopefully I could help you in something. I hear that you retain something like 90% of the things you teach another person! Also, the reason why I need to have a bit of guidance in maths is because I go to a selective school which is pretty renown for its mathematical prowess, and I find that it's very hard to get any outside-time for my friends to help me because many of them go tutoring. Plus there's the whole competitive thing which is like gah -_-.

So if anyone wants a little extra help, I can probably head over to a library which suits us both and maybe we could go through some things so we both improve. If you think you can help me with some maths or any other subject, that would be awesome too, because it would be nice to sit and have a nice chat about how, for example, the major work's going and stuff... share and compare notes we get at school. Some people on the other thread talked about not helping others and blah blah because the HSC is a game, a giant ranking system, and whatever else which constituted educational iniquity, but I reckon that this kind of competitive attitude is amiss and tbh, unhealthy. No one ever said the HSC had to be cut-throat dog-eat-dog.

I just think that this is a really nice thing to do, so if anyone wants any help/notes or whatever, please feel free to contact me. Or, if you feel like you could help me out, that would be really nice too. My hand's stretched out <3.

hey thurr im nguyen .. i apologise if im replying wrong im not very gud wif forums i derno how they work lol... yeh i just seen that u do 4u english and im doing advanced n im STRUGGLING heaps!
i was wondering if u cud help me i need help on "inner journeys"??
a study group sounds really great cos i dnt lyk to use the net much either

vasuu91

HSC
i'd be willing to help for 2u and 3u maths, legal, ancient or business.....and i'd have to say i could do with some help for adv english and 4u maths.....though i dont see how there would be alot of ppl doing the same thing at school at the same time....:)

Zephyrio

HSC
Hey 28FEB.

Sorry, I can't help you with inner journeys as I don't do that at school.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
This sounds like a good idea. I'm interested !! ^^ I can probably help with some chem, 2u and 3u maths, some engineering and IPT. But I'm probably not up to all your standards .. my school sucks. It's not in the top 200 and has NO CHANCE whatsoever of being there.

fairfield high ftw !

cs01001

HSC
I would, but my standards is no where near any of your geniuses :(

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
cs01001 said:
I would, but my standards is no where near any of your geniuses :(
Haha yeh, that applies to me as well :eek:.

Where are we going to have this study group thing though?

vasuu91

HSC
28FEB said:
i need help for 2 unit!! LOL currently struggling with everything
if its 2u maths then i could probably help.....:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)