Anyone using TEEL?? + Where the Wild Things are (1 Viewer)

Jordanf6769

HSC
Hello, i was just wondering about what people at other schools who have just started year 12 work are doing for their english assignment,

is anyone using the TEEL format where Technique, Example, Effect and Link to the Journey have to be used to analyse your chosen texts?

Just to see what everyones doing and whether its different or not....

Also anyone have any information on the book "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak.
I am a bit short on techniques to use for my analysis.....

Thanks... :) :wave:

kormy

HSC
ok. ive never heard of the TEEL thing, but we do use it. our teachers just call it 'the what and the how' thingy...

jake-89

HSC
Wow. our school has nothing like this at all. So its T-Technique used in the text i.e persuasive language?....E-Example of persuasive language in the text, E-Effect it had on the characters in the text or the responder??and L-Link?? link it to what?
please explain..

Mel_b

HSC
Try and find another text to replace Wild Things, if you have time - you certainly do before trials and externals. It gets done to death every year, and as this is not the fourth year of journeys, markers are well and truly sick of it. Some crackers that are not as widely used:

- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (film)
- The Little Prince (short book)
- A Little Princess (the film or the movie) - Frances Hodgeson Burnett
- The Solitaire Mystery or Sophie's World - Jostein Gaarder. (novels)
- The Magnificent Nose - Anna Fienberg (children's book)

lilsnoopy76

HSC
hm we have some thing called SEXE i dont remember wat it stands for but i think the X stands for eXample...

andreathedancer

HSC
ok, i dont know of "TEEL". But i was considering using "where the wild things are" for a supplementary text but i have no idea of how to relate it to the tempest or one of the stimlus texts from the booklet.

sirsmelalot

HSC
I;ve never heard of TEEL either... sounds very strange
anyway, im thinking of doing 'where the wild things are' too, and even though im not doing tempest, it fits pretty well with 'journeys over land and sea' from the stimulus booklet. all about imagining things in new worlds and stuff like that...

good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)