Anyone thinks they have killed the test (1 Viewer)

eppingMCE

HSC
melzii said:
NO! Didn't "kill" it.. I think I did well though.

Section 1 - 7 pages (this was the hardest section.. BY FAR!)
Section 2 - 15 pages for physical journeys (relatively easy, took a bit of thought to define 'unexpected detours')
Section 3 - 10 pages (awesome, one of my prepared creative writing stories slipped right in with one of the quotes).

Overall, the result should be OKAY. I think I'm going to have to make up for it in Paper 2. :D
Lol did u record on ur front booklet ur creative writing as second 3 and ur essay as section 2?? maybe u didnt do so well after all........ and how come everyone has so many pages for section 1 i could only get 3 pages or was it 4

yosemite sam

HSC
how much you did doesnt necessairly equate to better marks. but since we're listing..
section 1 - 5 pages
section 2 - 8 pages
section 3 - 15 pages
used about 10 quotes for the tempest, 5 for journeys over land and sea and each of my related materials.

Gnoale

HSC
Section I - 2.5 pages - ran out of time
Section II - 5 pages
Section III - 12 pages

Not really a true indication of how well I'll do though. Quality over quantity, bearing in mind writing size.

Overall I thought it was quite hard, especially Section I.

Last edited:

melzii

HSC
eppingMCE said:
Lol did u record on ur front booklet ur creative writing as second 3 and ur essay as section 2?? maybe u didnt do so well after all........ and how come everyone has so many pages for section 1 i could only get 3 pages or was it 4

If you go back to the first page of this thread then you'll find that I made a typo according to the order that I did the sections during the exams.. and yes, I wrote the correct sections on the booklet. I'm flattered that you cared so much to point out my errors though champ :)

Member232135

HSC
N/A
wtf guys? how can u write 12-14 pages for the essay as well as 10-12 pages for the story and 7 pages for section 1 in that time??

Ademir

HSC
Section 1 - 7 pages
Section 2 - 5 pages (pissed off about this but oh well)
Section 3 - 8 pages

I feel I did really well on 1 and 3, especially 3 as 1 had some bodgy questions, but Section 2 I'm not that happy about. my creative was solid but I felt slightly too short and a bit rushed.

but its all over for journeys, so it's all good.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Sidicious-Reign said:
wtf guys? how can u write 12-14 pages for the essay as well as 10-12 pages for the story and 7 pages for section 1 in that time??
THIS

Ademir

HSC
Sidicious-Reign said:
It's possible. Some people write really fast; others have really big handwriting. Some just do a mind dump and write everything they know rather than thinking and structuring what they want to say. Some are a sick combination of the three, writing upwards of 20 pages per section.

Then there's the odd person who just writes really fast and really knows what they're doing.

~untitled~

HSC
section 1 - 7 pages
section 2 - 11 pages
section 3 - 11 pages

However, when i came out of the exam someone told me it was quality rather than quality that matters. Hence im fucked.

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
section 1- (screwd screwd screwd) 6 pages
section 2- (killed killed killed it :D) 7 pages
section 3-(hoping the same killing impact) 10 pages
overall i will ace this paper BUT due to the results of section 1 i am most definitly failing ....better luck with Citizen Kane!

ballin

Banned
HSC
sec 1 - 8 pgs.. i didnt think it was all that bad, i rather liked text 3, really evocative, postmodern depiction of the journey

sec 2 - 7 pgs.. squeezed them out in 18 minutes :( not cool.

sec 3 - 13 pgs.. loved it

bethdocker85

HSC
I thought it was heaps good! Smashed it! haha.

Section 1 = 9.5 pages (hardest by far)
Section 2 = 12.5 pages (hard to adjust story to stimulus, but think i managed ok)
Section 3 = 11.5 pages (random q, but turned out ok)

Much better than I expected, so I'm happy! :)

FromDeeEast

HSC
lol all the people who say they demolished it are writing 20+ pages for the exam... its quality not quantity :)

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Section 1 - text 3 Yeiks. :bomb:

Section 2 - was a bit iffy, don't know if my story worked

Section 3 - Detours? Ah shit

will-pj-doyle

HSC
why do people point out the "quality not quantity" thing, as if writing 12 pages for a question is bad?

obviously if you've written 12 pages of irrelevant crap or answered the section III question in section II, then yes, that's a problem, but if you can write 12 pages of quality then you've got both quality AND quantity...no problem with that...

section 1 - 6 pages

section 2 - 11 pages

section 3 - 10 pages

i'm content with my content. and good luck to peeps on monday...king lear is the pooooo.

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC
people fail to undertsand that a good analysis and depth for each text requires alot of pages. you cant tell me that someone who makes each sentence valued to answering the question, writing 15 pages getting the same mark as someone who writes as much as possible with limited depth coz they only write 8 pages.

Far-Kew

HSC
I did the whole text backwards and was a bit sketchy for time on section I, but I nailed the other 2 sections.

section I- 2 pages
section II-6 pages
section III-7 pages

I loved the "unexpected detours" question, so much better than "interpretation of the new" lol

good luck for all the rest of your tests people!

ccmariners07

HSC
Ok, i don't know what you guys get taught at each of your schools but having gone to a selective school (no this isn't a bragging session) but each and every single teacher who had a year 12 class this year said that aiming for 1000 words in each of your prepared essays (including creative writing and modules) would allow you ample time and response length to put down everything you need to acheive top marks.

Also, for all those who filled booklets on comprehension i just laugh seeing as there were several 1,2-3 markers.

Anyway in keeping with the trend ill say i did as follows:

Section 1 (Comprehension) - 3 pages
Section 2 (Creative Writing) - 4 pages
Section 3 (Imaginative Journeys) - 8 pages

NeoTokyo

HSC
Section I - 4 pages (did this last, and found it the most difficult by far; I'll be lucky to get more than 5 marks for this)
Section II - 12 pages
Section III - 17.5 pages (I think I spent too much time on this)

EmilyFox

HSC
melzii said:
NO! Didn't "kill" it.. I think I did well though.

Section 1 - 7 pages (this was the hardest section.. BY FAR!)
Section 2 - 15 pages for physical journeys (relatively easy, took a bit of thought to define 'unexpected detours')
Section 3 - 10 pages (awesome, one of my prepared creative writing stories slipped right in with one of the quotes).

Overall, the result should be OKAY. I think I'm going to have to make up for it in Paper 2. :D
15 pages?! how big do you write?
Btw- section 2 was creative writing, section 3 was essay...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)