Anyone that can pls help me with these 2 q's? (1 Viewer)

181jsmith

HSC
Below are the questions
thanks

1. A 6m long ladder is leaning up against a wall at a height of h and angle theta (like a right angled triangle). The ladder slips down the wall at a constant rate of 0.05m/s. Find the rate at which the angle is changing in degrees and minutes when the height is 2.5m.

2. The acceleration of a particle is given by
where x is the displacement over time t seconds. If the particle starts at rest at the origin and always has positive velocity, find the equation of its velocity in terms of x

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Q1 You draw the diagram

When h=2.5 sin(theta) = 2.5/6 = 5/12 ==> cos(theta) = sqrt(119)/12

wonder if answer is correct ????

Q2

When t=0: v=0 x=0 ==> C = 0

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I am getting too slow and sloppy:

1. Drongoski beat me to it, with LaTeX!

2. Misread the question and derped.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
carrot - you do the hard ones and I do the easier ones always. Besides I cheated by entering only 1 line first.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
And yep your answer is correct. I got the exact same thing.

bleakarcher

HSC
Below are the questions
thanks

1. A 6m long ladder is leaning up against a wall at a height of h and angle theta (like a right angled triangle). The ladder slips down the wall at a constant rate of 0.05m/s. Find the rate at which the angle is changing in degrees and minutes when the height is 2.5m.

2. The acceleration of a particle is given by
where x is the displacement over time t seconds. If the particle starts at rest at the origin and always has positive velocity, find the equation of its velocity in terms of x
If the ladder is leaning against the wall at an angle theta wouldnt that be the angle between the ladder and the wall...not the ladder and the floor?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
If the ladder is leaning against the wall at an angle theta wouldnt that be the angle between the ladder and the wall...not the ladder and the floor?
I interpreted it to be between the floor and the ladder, but realistically in an exam they would be more clear with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)