Anyone studied/ studying B.Edu(early childhood) (1 Viewer)

wasabi89

HSC
HI~

Would anyone who's currently studying or has studied in the past tell me whether this subject is hard or not?

If you did 4 units in 1 Semester would it be heavy workload?
or would Part time be better.. with 2 units per sem...

Is it possible to get good marks in everything and not fail at all?

I just want to get some ideas of how it is like to make sure i won't fail anything.

Please don't discriminate just because i'm not doing any sort of smart subjects like science, law, commerce etc =[ ....

Please help me out ^^ Thanks

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Don't think science, law or commerce are necessary 'smart' subjects.

Also, 4 units is the usual workload, so I don't think its 'heavy' as such, but it's up to you to decide.

It is possible to get good marks, and not fail, but it does require some work and turning up to classes :)

wasabi89

HSC
lols.. ic~~~
It's because i am not doing direct study for a degree yet...
I'm doing Non-award first....
so if i fail ..... i'm dead meat =[

Thankyou for your kind respond ^^

X

xeuyrawp

Heya - good luck with it all! I'm not sure if/when you're allowed to withdraw from a unit, but look into it. I say this because if you think you're doing poorly in a unit, you should withdraw rather than failing, as you know what that does to your GPA. It's better to do an extra semester of Non-Award than failing and dropping out. Remember that at uni, you can even do as little as one subject a year, so don't feel like you need to proove yourself or anything - you just need to get at least Passes in 12cps!

Good luck with it - if you need any help, please yell out. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lols.. ic~~~

Ahh, it's not too difficult, I think the thing that gets most people is just staying on top of the work.

And while non-award is slightly different, don't think yourself as being 'dumber' or different, you'll be in the same classes doing the same course just like other people :)

If you need help studying, there are Student Resources available at the university so make use of them!

HSC
lols.. ic~~~

I'm going to be studying early childhood next, deferring for a year. Course transfered. 4 units are okay to do, I did okay...minus the maths (for my previous course)

wasabi89

HSC
Heya - good luck with it all! I'm not sure if/when you're allowed to withdraw from a unit, but look into it. I say this because if you think you're doing poorly in a unit, you should withdraw rather than failing, as you know what that does to your GPA. It's better to do an extra semester of Non-Award than failing and dropping out. Remember that at uni, you can even do as little as one subject a year, so don't feel like you need to proove yourself or anything - you just need to get at least Passes in 12cps!

Good luck with it - if you need any help, please yell out. :)
Hmmm... yeh.. but if i withdraw i'm afraid i wont be able to continue the early childhood studies. I understand what failing will do though... yeh i guess.. i sent in a change unit form, if it works out, then cool, if it doesn't then i'll just stick with it i guess. Thanks for ur advice ^^

wasabi89

HSC
Ahh, it's not too difficult, I think the thing that gets most people is just staying on top of the work.

And while non-award is slightly different, don't think yourself as being 'dumber' or different, you'll be in the same classes doing the same course just like other people :)

If you need help studying, there are Student Resources available at the university so make use of them!
hmm... i still wonder if i can do the work .. ahahaha~
Thanks ^^.. yeh but then although i am doing same course same stuff.. people just tend to make u feel like u're dumb because u didnt get direct offer =.="sigh

I'll definately try them if i really need help~ hehe

I'm going to be studying early childhood next, deferring for a year. Course transfered. 4 units are okay to do, I did okay...minus the maths (for my previous course)
does that mean you'll be doing it next year??
LOL.. math.. x__X i hate it.. its the worse subject for me

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hmm... i still wonder if i can do the work .. ahahaha~
Thanks ^^.. yeh but then although i am doing same course same stuff.. people just tend to make u feel like u're dumb because u didnt get direct offer =.="sigh
You won't really find that at uni, most people are just thankful to be there :) And only idiots care about UAI's after the HSC.

wasabi89

HSC
You won't really find that at uni, most people are just thankful to be there :) And only idiots care about UAI's after the HSC.
thts good... don't really want anyone to mention it anymore lol =.=''

HSC
does that mean you'll be doing it next year??
LOL.. math.. x__X i hate it.. its the worse subject for me
That is correct, in year 2010 =] // you have to do math106 but that's barely the same type of maths as all the other maths units. =] THANKFULLY hehe

wasabi89

HSC
can't bare to think i gota continue to study maths T__T my god..!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)