• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone regret their subject selections at the moment? (1 Viewer)

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
Yeah, I regret a few.

But at that time I didn't know where I was going in life, but now I have a better idea and its clear my subjects are not very helpful :mad1:

HSC
Yeah, I regret a few.

But at that time I didn't know where I was going in life, but now I have a better idea and its clear my subjects are not very helpful :mad1:
yeahh well i picked a bit of everything cos i kind of had an idea of what i wanted to do but wasnt totally sure. you seem to have done the same. i had ALWAYS wanted to be a teacher ever since i was little. but yeah my mind changed last year.

suzlee

HSC
Nope. Absolutely none.

I had my worries in the beginning of the year about a couple of my subjects but I'm really happy with all of them now =)

A while ago I was pressured about not taking english extension cos almost everyone in the year seemed to be doing it.
But it sounds like a lot of work for just 1 unit and I'm so happy I'm not doing it :D

studentcheese

HSC
sigh.. I regret English Extension, Chemistry and should have done Legal.
Can't wait to drop Extension English and Chemistry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Lukybear

HSC
All of my subjects are cool! Althought if i had the chance, hands down would quit physics and do economics. Stupid lines.

h3ll h0und

HSC
happy with all my subjects except for bio...kind of. its ok but i think eco wudv been more interesting

pillar

HSC
Wish I could've done SDD/Eco instead of Ancient but not too badly because chances are it would've made choosing subs for Yr 12 even harder.

dp624

HSC
Maybe i should have dropped a history and continued with physics? It seems so much less work.

Although then again, i was only 10th in physics so it wouldnt really have been that good for my UAI.
'only' 10th? lol

HSC
i regret doing ancient history (rude, demanding teacher), geography (its ok but boring alot of the time), general maths (teacher doesn't like me and give me C's and always asks me to answer qestions in class, HANDS UP OR GTFO!)
uhhh sorry it annoys me when people say this. the teacher 'gave me a C'
wrong!
you got a C because its the mark you deserved, especially in a subject like maths. its not like english where its very subjective..

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
i regret doing ancient history (rude, demanding teacher), geography (its ok but boring alot of the time), general maths (teacher doesn't like me and give me C's and always asks me to answer qestions in class, HANDS UP OR GTFO!)
I never answer questions if i have to put up my hand... too lazy XD

uhhh sorry it annoys me when people say this. the teacher 'gave me a C'
wrong!
you got a C because its the mark you deserved, especially in a subject like maths. its not like english where its very subjective..
QFT.

If you're getting Cs in general math and you have 12 or more units, why not drop it?

arekkutronic

HSC
Out of my 4 subject choices, 3 were in the same line, so I ended up with 2 of my choices. Leaving me with Ancient History and Legal studies (the teacher of which has a large prejudice against me after a situation last year resulting in an AVO being taken out against his favourite student in order to protect me)
I know I should keep my 13 units for year 12; and all the teachers are advising me in this direction. However, I really don't think I can handle Legal Studies any longer. The assessments are ridiculous (most of them don't have any weighting; he just gives them to us to 'keep us busy')
Should I drop it as soon as possible? or just.. try to keep going.
I guess I stress too much, and it doesn't help that I do about 10 hours of extra curricular/ out of school music per week

M

midnightpen

Physics. The subject itself isn't so bad but all the physics teachers at my school suck. I have to go find myself a tutor now ==

HSC
creamnchocolat

Maybe yr teacher cannot handle the subject. Perhap the rich private schools have poached most of the better teachers. Just curious & not meant to be offensive. Have never been in a local school.
I know this is a late reply, but hahaha I was in a private school (Ranked in the top 100 in 2008). And now I've moved into a public school, with better teachers in most of my subjects. The only prob here is some of the other students but oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)