Anyone on the same boat? (1 Viewer)

porquoispas

HSC
I seriously don't know what's wrong with me but lately i've been slacking off heaps. I get home from school and don't get anything done, i've been procrastinating endlessly, as a matter of fact i have an english assesment due tomorrow and haven't started.. Don't get me wrong, i'm not always like this and i do care about my marks and stuff but i relly don't know what has gotten over me lately..It's not only the case in my school work.. i find that i can't think straight and that i've lost my creativeness and stuff..i think its cos im burning out.. i don't know but it's worrying me heaps as the hsc is coming up and all..

(and no, it's not drugs..lol)

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
Yeah, I have a Legal assignment due on Wednesday, and I haven't started it - and an English one due on Friday and I haven't done half of it.

I think I'm just sick of Preliminary - the marks and ranks don't matter so I don't really care anymore. Counting the days until HSC starts.

kewlu

Banned
HSC
It is your last chance to bludge guys. Take it with open arms.

ness.xox

Member Member
HSC
Your definately not alone! haha
I have a bio assignment due on friday and have barely touched it yet LOL
Each term, no, actually every year I have always told myself to 'start fresh' and what do you know, im procastinating and stressing about it the last minute (though, suprisingly I get good marks for most of them. But imagine how many more marks I could have recieved if I had spent more time).
Its such a bad habit! How can I start changing before the HSC comes around?

xsjado

HSC
yeah, half way through this year i just stopped giving a fuck..

i had an eco test the other day on a chapter i had'nt even looked at yet. And i had to cram all the material in the night before.

Zephyrio

HSC
lol I don't know why I'm relaxing :|

Maybe it's because the year 11 prelims pale in comparison to the HSC. And I want to gear up for the HSC, not year 11 yearlies. Haha =)

kewlu

Banned
HSC
Nothing counts for you all. Seriously. It's nothing.

HSC
N/A
That's me. Definitely.

I'm less worried about the marks and more worried about the psychological implications or reasons.

:(

over9k

HSC
as soon as i learnt nothing u learn in prelim gets tested in the hsc, i stopped giving a fuck

HSC
over9k said:
as soon as i learnt nothing u learn in prelim gets tested in the hsc, i stopped giving a fuck
that's the general rule but not entirely true, especially if you do a language or maths for example.

over9k

HSC
watatank said:
that's the general rule but not entirely true, especially if you do a language or maths for example.
there you go reminding me about 300+ pages of my uncompleted maths h.w :p

HSC
porquoispas said:
i think its cos im burning out.. i don't know but it's worrying me heaps as the hsc is coming up and all..
Burn out probably describes it exactly, and I guess its better to happen now than next year. I read your post and was like - that's me exactly.
I have a million readings for Phys Ed Studies and Ancient History that aren't done, so much maths homework that I just can't be fucked doing, and a test for human biology tomorrow that I don't see the point in revising. And I still have another term left of Year 11, so I'm not even in the same boat as those with end of year exams approaching. I still don't know what I'm going to do.

Jess =)

Pirate Queen of Awsomness
HSC
yeh, ive got my bio half yearly 2morro and not even half way thru my notes... for term 1...

god, i am so fucked.

cccclaire

HSC
Jess =) said:
yeh, ive got my bio half yearly 2morro and not even half way thru my notes... for term 1...

god, i am so fucked.
lolz. i know you =]

and its yearly not half yearly

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
Haha isn't it IN the same boat?
Anyway, on Thursday we have our English yearlies and I haven't studied at all..... help me god.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Made a load of garbage in Paper 2 without studying :) Sounded good at least.

What are some ways to prevent yourself burning out?

eflatmajor

HSC
Ive been procrasting alot lately (by lately i mean ever since i was born) as well, but fortunately for me i do my best (by best i mean least crap) thinking under pressure. But ive always been like that. I almost get a thrill in the last minute rush, but not always. Its like my drug

I think of it as future depending on me unleashing my full intelect in a few hours.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)