anyone know what this book is called? (1 Viewer)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
gngnrnrnrn :mad:

I read a book in year 6. Its based in ancient greece (i think, thereabouts anyway) It was about a guy whose family got struck by some disease/plague. His father arranges to have him shipped out. The captain of the ship is an athlete who competes in the Greek Olympics. I remember the first time the boy sees him, the captain is doing like 100 pushups, then he does another 100 with each arm (like one handed). The boy and captain become good friends. On the way, pirates capture em, and one thing leads to another and whaddya know? in the olympics, the captain (friend of boy) and the captin of pirate vessel reach finals of boxing (?). Boy accuses pirate of being a pirate, and after some consulting and some evidence, boys word taken and pirate captured.

Thats the rough storyline anyway. Can anyone help? I think it was called something like triathlon. Something like that, thats what i remember in my fog distorted memory. Its a teenaged novel.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I did a search for this, and found a book on Amazon with a plot that sounds similar to the one you described.
Is it called Prankration?
Probably not, considering you said the title was something like Triathlon, but nothing came up when i searched that

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
THAT MIGHT BE IT! lol, thanks. Prankration, its something like this. trisomething or other, pranksdfjk, i dunno, something, its some sort of competition (boxing type) from what i can VERY vaguely remember. I might be wrong here.

only problem is, i cant find it anywhere, even on amazon.com . hrm, i think you spelt it wrong. I searched on amazon, no result, and even on google there is no result.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
AHAH! Pankration! not prankration
lolol, thanks heaps, me is gonna go and borrow this book ASAP. :D

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
meh! it aint even authentic!

*hands mweep a copy of the Odyssey*
read! :D

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol, right. hehe, i cant even remember what exactly happened. But i remember two things very clearly:
the time the boy sees the friend captain do like 300 pushups, and i remember thinking, whoa, how strong is this guy!

and the second time when the pirate is caught in the Pankration finals, and the friend captain "jack-punches" (or some wierd punch) the pirate from the back, and the pirate collapses. I remember thinking, what the hell does that punch look like, and i laughed.

I'll read it now, and might even read the oddysey. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)