anyone know how to get slimmer arms ? (1 Viewer)

cafwyn

HSC
anyone know of any arm exercises for slimmer arms ??

hehe :)

PrettyVacant

HSC
Man you have major issues with your arms. Me too. I have fattt ones. LOL.

Weights and not eating so much. Plus dress in a way that does not accentuate them.

BlackDragon

HSC
I think the key here, like with abs, is to try to lose weight all over your body and your arms will become slimmer. If you do 100 sit ups a night you won't slim up your belly and hence if you just pump your arm 1000 times a day the same nothingness will happen. So yeah, general weightloss and fitness will give you results.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Same way you'd become slimmer overall, exercise. Doesn't matter what part of your body you're moving, so long as you're burning kJ.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
You need cardio to burn off the fat, weights to build the muscle. Weights on their own will just make you look bulky, unless you're doing circuit training to get your HR up...there's no point having muscle if it's hidden by your fat.

NinjaSauce

HSC
yulia said:
there's no point having muscle if it's hidden by your fat.
Pick either of my two answers:

1. Yeah, its true, tell that to the world strength athletes. Fat is useless. :rolleyes:

2. On the flip side, There is no point being lean if there is no muscle to show. I would rather be Muscular and 'blurly' [lumber jack style], than 6% bodyfat and built like a 13 year old girl.

joolee

HSC
there are two types of muscles: slow-twitch and fast-twitch. slow twitch are those that look firm and toned, and fast twitch muscles would make you look big and built. i cant explain that well so google them if you want. however doing heavy weights / push ups would prolly gain you fast twitch ones, so i would recommend you do aerobics or try exercising the whole body to lose the fat on your arms.

NinjaSauce

HSC
joolee said:
there are two types of muscles: slow-twitch and fast-twitch.
There are 2 types of muscle fibers. I'm being anal, but it is very different. 'Types' of muscles would have to devide into a variety of forms... such as posterior, and anterior. Or Extensor, reflexor. or in particular context, primary and secondary.

joolee said:
slow twitch are those that look firm and toned,
'tone' is garbage. There is no such thing as 'tone'. There is low bodyfat. And being leaner will show more lines and cuts.
Unless your refering to Tonus. which is the muscle storing residule tension while not working. basically 'natural flexing'. ut i doubt that, as that is distinctly a response to fast twich work, and CNS training.

joolee said:
and fast twitch muscles would make you look big and built.
True. or... true-er. Fast-twich fibers have the largest capacity for growth. but the amount of these people have varies to the individual. average is 40-50%. 'genetic freaks' can get up to the 80-90s, while the very, very, very rare can get only 20-30%. Sucks to be them.

joolee said:
i cant explain that well so google them if you want. however doing heavy weights / push ups
A push up is only around 65-70% of your body weight. Since when is that 'heavy' ?

joolee said:
would prolly gain you fast twitch ones, so i would recommend you do aerobics or try exercising the whole body to lose the fat on your arms.
You can't 'gain' fast-twitch muscle fibers! Your basically stuck with what you were born with. You can, on the other hand, increase their size.

Exercising the whole body is a good idea to loose weight. Hell, why only exercise half anyway? whats the point? Its common sense. aerobics... well, use at your own peril. Anaerobic work is always better.

But the most important thing is... eat better. remember this maxim: "You can not outrun a donut".

-------

Another thing which bothered me, what is the point of bringing up muscle fibers? I see no relevance to it in the question of getting slimmer arms. She needs to loose fat, not care about her muscle cross-section.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
NinjaSauce said:
Pick either of my two answers:

1. Yeah, its true, tell that to the world strength athletes. Fat is useless. :rolleyes:

2. On the flip side, There is no point being lean if there is no muscle to show. I would rather be Muscular and 'blurly' [lumber jack style], than 6% bodyfat and built like a 13 year old girl.
Buut in this context the original poster wants thin arms. THey don't want to be blurry. So therefore...what I said makes sense. They'll look puffy if they just work on muscle, not slim at all like they want. But doing weights and building muscle is important to help the fat burning process achieved with cardio.

L

littlewing69

yulia said:
Buut in this context the original poster wants thin arms. THey don't want to be blurry. So therefore...what I said makes sense. They'll look puffy if they just work on muscle, not slim at all like they want. But doing weights and building muscle is important to help the fat burning process achieved with cardio.
That's much more of a big-picture thing, though. Putting a small amount of muscle on in the arms is not going to magick her metabolism up and slim her down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)