Anyone into photography? (1 Viewer)

Bolt

hashtagswag
HSC
I used a super macro setting and a tripod :D (Super macro is for like 1cm away)
Nice! Point-and-shoot camera I'm guessing then?

At school, so I'll make sure I check out your Facebook page later tonight.

Bolt

hashtagswag
HSC

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Yeah, I do a lot of low-light photography (parties, functions, family shizzle, etc.) as well as landscapes, so the 2.8 gives me a lot of flexibility in that sense I love the natural look that comes from a low aperture as opposed to an external flash, the 2.8 gives me a load of flexibility. Ah, but I should be able to get filters online though. Either way that won't be for another few years I bet.

Yeah, you're definitely going to need one. I was keen on buying a Yongnuo before, but I decided against it because of warranty issues and the odd story about getting a lemon. I figured I might end up spending more on replacement flashes than I would on a trusty Canon, so I opted for the 430. The reviews on the Yongnuo are great when they work, but I always get scared when I hear about units being DOA and people having extreme trouble claiming warranty from China. I ordered my 430 from d-d-photographics for $280 including the Stofen Omnibounce (free postage, and without the omnibounce it would have been $258) - it's a wonderful price compared to some $300+ when ordering from some HK grey importers (-cough-, DigitalRev, -cough-).

Mm, I've heard amazing stories about their lenses, and their 14mm is generally regarded as the messiah of nightscape lenses. The quality of their optics for the night sky is second to none.

That would be pretty sweet... A 6D/5D MKIII to complement it would be sick too.

I want a full-frame.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm liking your Tiffany picture.
Thanks for the heads up about the Yongnuo, I wasn't aware about that but what do you expect for the price aye.

Full frame is amazing as well, by far the best thing I have ever bought camera related. I came from a 1000D and from comparing photos using my 70-200, the difference was chalk and cheese. The DOF is great, I would DEFINITELY recommend a full frame before a 2.8 lens if you prefer low light, it is so flexible to increase the iso etc.

Tiffany is my <3 I was thinking of changing it to Yoona recently but when ever I come to change I just can't lol.

btw, am I the only person without a fb page? :L

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
So I finally got around to checking out your page, and I love your macro shots! Especially those gravel shots into the sun - awesome.

Here's my Facebook page that me and my friends share (we do event photography and what not), so feel free to check us out too:

https://www.facebook.com/mirrorimagessydney
Very nice :). I would like to do it commercially, but I cannot produce images of an high enough standard.

Thanks .

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Damn I really need to invest in a new camera ^^, I started doing shots for uni events and the camera shutter speed is truly terrible.....any recommendations for a entry level dslr (under 500)??

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Damn I really need to invest in a new camera ^^, I started doing shots for uni events and the camera shutter speed is truly terrible.....any recommendations for a entry level dslr (under 500)??
Demands if you're fine with buying online or specifically want Australian stock. You would be pushing $500, but you would be able to get a Canon 1100D which is good for a starter, my first dslr was just a 1000D with the kit 18-55 and a 50mm f1.8.

http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/astore/Canon-Kiss-X50-C22.aspx

I would recommend this though, it has 18mp and although i wouldn't use that as a way to compare cameras, it does come in handy if you want to heavily crop and still have decent looking photos.

http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au...h-18-55mm-IS-II-Lens-Digital-SLR-Cameras.aspx

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
hai, that's cool. me too have much interest in photography, but there is no one to guide me properly. i am struggling in my own to study it.
Don't study it! Just do it! You will find your own style and sense :))

AlexPott

HSC
N/A
hai, that's cool. me too have much interest in photography, but there is no one to guide me properly. i am struggling in my own to study it.

Robot Vacuum
I can possibly put you in touch with a somebody looking for photography assistants if you're really keen. It's probably the best way to get into it as it will give you a taste of what it's like and then help you focus on what to study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)