Anyone into Film Directing? (1 Viewer)

f.director

HSC
I've always wanted to be a film director.

So im just wondering how many ppl want to be film directors.

Last edited:

Sam.

bored.
HSC
Yeah I'm pretty interested in it. Just film in general, so I'm still unsure as to what area I want to get involved in: acting, directing, screenwriting, editing . . .

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
There are a few prominent members, Komaticom would be the quickest to come to mind

gatesey

HSC
film and theatre directing is my current life aspiration
--> mainly because my careers adviser wanted to know what the hell i want to do with my life
nah, i am actually really into it, i am making a film for my HSC art major and am lovin it. what sort of films r u into? have u seen American Beauty?
listen to directors commentry on films to get an idea of how the think and apply stuff
i'm renting vertigo by hitchcock this w/e, great camera shots (many of which he actually invented)
goodluck!
xx

black and white

HSC
:wave: i am really interested inn film directing , i love american beauty i think its perfect.
have done one short film for drama hsc, and am currently doing video / film for art and i wanna study it at uni i dont know though lol

maryofthelambs

HSC
Yeh, I'm gonna be getting into the film direction/tv area. And yes komaticom I know it will be hard and that the industry in australia is both nearly nonexistant and brutal, but I can guarantee that if I don't even try I will never get anywhere.

I've made quite a few short films and have won a couple of awards. I'm gonna be applying for some uni courses at the end of the year and I'm gonna keep positive. Oh and komaticom, I'm in only in year 12 so I doubt it would be viable for me to be making feature films at the time being, but thankyou for your comment.

maryofthelambs

HSC
Komaticom said:
Will my course be in your preferences?

Staying positive and having persistence/determination like a freight-train definitely helps. Keep that outlook.
I'm not sure - I find that it's easiest to decide by getting a first hand account of the course. You could probably help me with that! Does it involve much practical work and film/tv theory? Also, what is the reputation of people who graduate from it? What types of jobs are they getting? Do you enjoy it?

So Komaticom, what area/s of film/tv are you hoping/planning/are going to be getting in to?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I've considered it several times. I can't compose music without having some sort of imagery in my head, and I'm going to incorporate video into my music majorworks from here on so yeah.

Still thinking of it, probably won't, but I've always been interested.

My favourite music teacher/mentor reckons I ought to.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I'm more one for writing the script than directing the film ...

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Writing a script is hard.

Much harder than say, composing music.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Not that difficult if you know what you're doing.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Does anyone know of a good film directing course?
I want to get into it but I'm novice. :(

kaylz

HSC
there's a thing in sydney called metro screen club or something, and they run courses on filming and editing quite often (out of paddington town hall, i think). give that a google.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
I don't know if I'm necessarily artistic enough to be a director, but I'm interested in this general area. directing, producing, editing, writing, even acting... all sounds peachy.
Ditto. Don't know if I'm good enough for any though, lol

porquoispas

HSC
yep.. film is like my greatest passion.. i really want 2 become a director

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Macquarie Uni has a pretty good Screen Production degree if you're into film-making. Same with UTS.
A 3 year degree is a bit overkill to learn film-making, so an alternative is to do a short course at Metroscreen.

jazzmuzik

HSC
i have an interest in it, but nil experience.
i want to get into theatre design, then do directing for stage, then keep shifting to film that would be the ultimate. perhaps a round about way to get there but yeah that would be sweet.
hmm might google that metro screen thing. ta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)