• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone into Amway? (1 Viewer)

insider

HSC
N/A
pete_mate said:
so let me get this straight:

your start up your own business which buys shit off some other amway business, and then you resell it at a higher price.
That pretty much covers it

there is no way that can possibly generate any substantial returns
You'd think wouldn't you? It certainly suprised me. But there's a lot of money in consumables. Don't forget the return comes from volume discounting. You buy more stuff and sell it in smaller amounts at a higher price. A "platinum" for example buys and sells around $20-25K a month and profits around $3-$4000 per month. The wonder of the internet is that it all happens "virtually", orders made online, deliveries made direct to consumers.

Last edited:

pete_mate

HSC
insider said:
That pretty much covers it

You'd think wouldn't you? It certainly suprised me. But there's a lot of money in consumables. Don't forget the return comes from volume discounting. You buy more stuff and sell it in smaller amounts at a higher price. A "platinum" for example buys and sells around $20-25K a month and profits around $3-$4000 per month. The wonder of the internet is that it all happens "virtually", orders made online, deliveries made direct to consumers.

that's crap, no consumer is going to buy 2kg of soap or whatever. The existing supply chain structure is there for a reason. i want to go to woolies and select what i want, and i dont want to stockpile massive amounts, and i want conveniance.

there's a reason 15 million people shop at woolies, and i suspect the rest at coles, where is your market, business to business? i doubt they wouldnt already have their own wholesalers, probably the same ones as woolworths.

it doesnt make any sense, its all just marketing. dont give me some bullshit figures about how much some guy makes you've heard off of some fudged accounts.

tell me some innovative way this company can possibly make any substantial profit.

insider

HSC
N/A
pete_mate said:
that's crap, no consumer is going to buy 2kg of soap or whatever. The existing supply chain structure is there for a reason. i want to go to woolies and select what i want, and i dont want to stockpile massive amounts, and i want conveniance.
Well then you're not the market for these products are you? My mother has been buying the soap for nearly 30 years - she loves it.

pete_mate said:
there's a reason 15 million people shop at woolies, and i suspect the rest at coles, where is your market, business to business? i doubt they wouldnt already have their own wholesalers, probably the same ones as woolworths.
The cleaning products in particular are very high quality and low cost per use, I've found businesses are a good market for them. The Nutrilite product range is simply the best multi-vitamin supplement available. It's the best selling brand in the world - it's market is those who want the best. We regularly run optimal health seminars and find that generates a lot of business. The Artistry cosmetics range is one of the top 5 prestige brands in the world. It's the #1 best selling cosmetics brand in Japan and Germany. The XS energy drink is I believe the #1 selling energy drink in the United States.

And in Australia, a2k is the only place you can buy these products.

In general the market is for people who want high quality products and the convenience of home delivery. It's not for people who are constantly on the lookout for the cheapest deal.

pete_mate said:
it doesnt make any sense, its all just marketing. dont give me some bullshit figures about how much some guy makes you've heard off of some fudged accounts.

tell me some innovative way this company can possibly make any substantial profit.
"This company" is 46 years old and in 2004 was the 19th largest private company in the United States. Last year sales were in excess of US$6,400,000,000. More than US$2,000,000,000 was paid out to folk like myself and Desmond who market for them. It's been operating in Australia since the 70s, beginning as door-to-door sales. a2k.com.au generates more sales than any other website in Australia.

So, you may not think these products or this distribution method are worth it, but obviously there are people that do. They are our market.

kow_dude

HSC
I agree in that Amway's product are top brands. Unlike other companies, they dont waste millions upon millions of dollars on advertising convincing potential customers that they have the highest quality products. Insteadm Amway uses its funds on research and development to produce top-class products (rather than wasting money on advertising).

Tashxx

Associate Member
HSC
Ive never heard of Amway. What is it and why am i the only one who doesnt know lol??

insider

HSC
N/A
Amway is a "multi-level marketing" company. They do very little traditional advertising and instead market primarily through "word of mouth". They allow people to market their products and earn a percentage on each sale. Additionally you can recruit others to do the same and earn a (smaller) percantage on each sale they do. Started nearly 50 years ago with door to door sales of one of the worlds first organic cleaning products, it's evolved into a primarily internet business now, though you can still go door to door or party plan stuff if you want! You develop a group of people shopping off the website, and some of them developing their own groups, everyone just buys want they want, and if you develop a"network" you can earn a little or a lot of money from it (I know people who just shop, I know people who make millions). They manufacture a lot of their own products (including Nutriway, now the worlds' #1 selling nutritional product, and Artistry, one of the top 5 best selling cosmetics brand) and you can also buy other stuff from coke to milo to house insurance.

www.a2k.com.au is the aussie website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)