Anyone in year 11-12 have a job / if so what job /? (1 Viewer)

schmackers

HSC
N/A
i'm in yr 12.... working 10hrs a week at Muffin Break. pretty good pay and i need the money to pay for schoolies/formal/everyday expenses. i don't work during assessment periods though so i can concentrate on my study.

KfWang

im in yr 12 as well...
working at Maccas, the pay aint that bad, i get $10 an hour, and time and a half everytime i go over twelve, and two and a half every public holidays
im working about 10 hours a weeks, and its not that bad, except i dont work duing test periods

++prinzess++

well i work 5 or 6 nights a week waitressing and running the bar at a busy restaurant, it is such an awesome job, feels like going to a great party every nite, especially when i work in the bar!...and it usually adds up to about 20+ a week, so that means i earn about $280 a week.

it works out great for me, bcos i find that i study better and take more in late at night and really early in the morning, so all that working means 2 me is that i miss out on a lot of tv that i used 2 watch!

But i totally understand how lots of people would think that it is too much, but i am keeping up with all my school work, and doing pretty good (80%+ in all subjects) as well as saving heaps of $$$ and having a ball at the same time

ps. im in yr 12 at the moment and have only worked at this place for 4 months now, i used to work at a newsagent but it was way too boring plus ate into my 'leisure-slash-fun' time so now i have almost my whole w/end free aswell as sat nites and sometimes friday 2 party! (oh.. and study sometimes too!)

Last edited:

The Bograt

boredofuni
HSC
I work at Lenards chicken, been there 3 years now, I'm in year 12, getting about 10 hours a week, $10 an hour. It's sweet, going to work isn't even hard to do I love it there.

Kirsti

HSC
I'm in Year 12 and just started to work at Lone Star about 10-15 hrs p/w. So far it's ok as I just quit dancing and was used to not doing much work at home anyway (doing stuff in frees instead) and now have extra time.
I'm taking time off in exams anyway so i'm not too worried

Egghead

HSC
_Bushra_ said:
i wish i was at layby or somewhere i could bludge...but you need to get trained........ arghhhh!
Haha jealous?

I work at Target Layby. It's great when there's no customers, which is most of the time when there's no big sales. You need sense though, checkouts are piss compared to layby which gets complex at times.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
that's not much
i was working 9+ hours a week until beginning of term 2 year 12

capsicum

HSC
I'm in year 11 and working at a vitamins store for about 10 hrs a week. =) the hours go up or down depending on what happens at home and at school, but overall it's 10 hours. i find working takes my mind off things - especially school - and i look forward to seeing all my friends at work cuz we always have so much to catch up on, since we only see each other like once or twice a week.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Wow, way to bring up an old thread.

I work at a pharmacy, normally 9 hours a week, and that's 6 days a week (1 hour weekdays, 3 1/2 on sats) but it can jump to 26 hours a week in the holidays (8-9 hour days)

elif

i had two jobs at the beging of the year, but i qiut one not long ago. Was working 15+ hours, no about 8 to 10. (waitress). hmm, interesting

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
i work at big w registers and get paid $9 an hour. its a busy job dealing with fuckin customers and i hate it i wish i was at layby or somewhere i could bludge...but you need to get trained........ arghhhh!
hey i work at big w too! but im on STUPID RECOVERY *die die recovery.. stab stab* i hate it so much... i was on registers for 2 years before this... and layby heh heh jealous? i just wanna be in home entertainment or cosmetics damnit...

oh and i work 4 nights a week on 7 and hour... crappy as... stupid permanent part time.. i used to work 7 nights a week, but has stress attack and went off my head..

mishka

HSC
N/A
i do customer service at kmart... fitting rooms, price checks, answering phones, tidying up... that's on the weekends

during the week (tues, wed, thurs) i work with my mum's work, but at a different location - basically it's data entry into computers - setting up a box, and imputting all the files IN the box ONTO the computer... :)

Old_Sk3wl

HSC
i work at fisher supermarket iga in wenty, tis pretty good, mainly just stack sheelves but i do a bit of serving as well

cHe^gUeVaRa

HSC
i work for Bicycle Superstore, in Mildura. My job involves being a bike mechanic and a sales assistant...

it rocks :D

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
v sia said:
Also i got offered a job in mcdonalds
hahaha mc donalds is soooooo shit dont go for it man every one i know that wroks their hates it soo much u get shit money and you get burn and shit al tha time dont go 4 it...

v sia

HSC
that was like 5 months ago , i got a job at Sizzlers in februrary and then i got a call from mcdonalds at around march , i didnt turn up for the interview . I just recently quit sizzlers

cowsushi

HSC
N/A
dishpigging....... the bleech and detergent really loosens up the outer layers of skin.......nice and supple

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)