Anyone in this forum programe (1 Viewer)

raging_squid

HSC
Im doing sdd at skool and was just seeing if anyone in this forum programed, ive just started programing in vb.net. Its hard for me i am still trying to understand the rules and math but i hope to get better.

neuro_logik

HSC
Yeh, i do SDD and program in VB (Yuk *vomits*) and PERL (one sexy language), ive been coding my major project this weekend its been a bitch, i was stuck for four hours nutting out a problem :mad: , now i have to just finish coding 2 subroutines and a write a help file. Coding might have its tough times figuring out problems, but you get a good feeling when you figure something out and getting it to work properly.

raging_squid

HSC
yeh i will probly keep sdd and IT for year 12 because i want to go into computing i still might go into business i dont know at the moment. Got premils next termso i have to start paying abit more attention in software. Were using vb.net at the moment i dont mind it its a pretty good. wat are you doing for your major? we have to make a ten pin bowling game next term.

Winston

HSC
There isn't as many .NET developers on the forum, i myself am one, i've done a few months of VB.NET it's relatively easy, and right now i'm doing C# and Java.

Mithoric

HSC
I'm a C++/Asm man myself. I'll have none of that icky managed stuff or interpreted crap :p ..
neuro_logik you planning on doing comp science at UOW in 2005?? Should see you there! :D

Winston

HSC
Merforga said:
Never used vb.net......mainly coz i dun hav it
It's about 10 times different to VB6, everything is exposed, you have full control of it all, you're basically in the drivers seat.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Winston said:
It's about 10 times different to VB6, everything is exposed, you have full control of it all, you're basically in the drivers seat.

:D give me asm anyday

neuro_logik

HSC
PERL ownz all... in some respects

Mithoric: Yeh im planning to go to UOW, its seems like a cool place to do comp sci and there is some UNIX history at UOW *sheds tear*.

HSC
ragin .net is the best programming language around... u have total control over basically everything...
its simple to understand when u do it for a while...

as for uni u dont need IT or sdd for any computing course not ever recommeneded cause they teach u prgramming anyways...

sunny

meh.
HSC
dastonecutters said:
u have total control over basically everything...
is it possible to control the CPU on the register level? ;)

Winston

HSC
dastonecutters said:
u have total control over basically everything...
That's not true dude... i love .NET, but you DON'T have control over everything, i don't think you can do your own memory allocation yourself nor can you dispose objects manually since it's all done by the framework, after all it's managed code.

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Im a VB6 man myself, have gotten 100% for all the programming projects since year 11. Its not that i like the language but that we are forced to use it

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
programmed in yr 11 and 12, and also 1st sem of uni. all in c++, i liked it a lot. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)