Anyone in the same position?? (1 Viewer)

_random_

ok heres the situation:

My formal is in around 3 weeks and i dont have a date as yet, i know its late and girls need time to prepare dress etc etc. I have got someone in mind, but i just feel awkward asking her because we are not really close freinds, we just get along well. Anyone advice on how to go about asking?? or anyone in similar situation?

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
_random_ said:
ok heres the situation:

My formal is in around 3 weeks and i dont have a date as yet, i know its late and girls need time to prepare dress etc etc. I have got someone in mind, but i just feel awkward asking her because we are not really close freinds, we just get along well. Anyone advice on how to go about asking?? or anyone in similar situation?
I just didn't go with anyone. If you like someone ask them, if you don't, then don't!

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
In my experience, asking someone is an ultimatum - if he/she says YES then everythings all good... and possibly BETTER than all good ;) LOL
OR
if he/she says no.. it creates many problems :(

However, having said that, LIFE is all about living for the moment!!! I'll say, GO FOR IT you have nothing to lose - TRUST ME, there are soooo many other fish in the sea!!!

:p

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
_random_ said:
ok heres the situation:

Just ask, you have nothing to lose, she will either say yes or no. She might already have a dress she can wear.
Just bring up your formal to her in conversation, maybe say something like" My formal is coming up soon, and I wondering if you would like to go with me"? and see what happens from there.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Theres someone for everyone :) so dont feel down

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I know a guy who found a date within a night of the formal.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it's hard but if you are friendly there's no harm in asking, i'm sure she'd be flattered and would love to go to a formal. if she's in year 12 even better because she can just wear the same dress as for her formal. there's nothing to lose if you get he the confidence to ask her.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Confidence is a great thing when you can muster it up isnt it :p

azn_boy

Where ever YOU want me to be .........BABE
HSC
N/A
If she dont know many of you friends and you are ONLY friends with her then in your case i wouldnt bother asking. I hate babysitting ppl! Hate me or hate me not that how i am. I would rather spend time with my mates! :)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
I think you should go for it. If she says no (which she probably won't - a chance to dress up and go to a better than usual party - yes please!!!) then you will be in the same situation that you are now, ie no date. It's not like you're losing anything. If you're worried about how she'll take it just make it really clear that you're asking as a friend. There's no reason I can see why she wouldn't want to go in that scenario.

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
just ask
i got invited to a formal by a guy i knew (but not very well) about 2 weeks before it was on
if she says yes she can just ask a friend for a dress or something
it's not that difficult

santaslayer

HSC
I'd ask if she's free on the night first, if she says yes then it indicates two things:

1) she's free...duhhh :p
2) She didn't say no, which can be a sign of avoidance..

asking that first kind of ''opens her up''....ahaha and it'll be hard for her to reject you because she told you she was available...:uhhuh:

EDIT: Im going to a yr 12 formal again....and im in uni already....yay!!!!! :uhhuh: :p :uhhuh:

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
most ppl i know haven't asked ppl late. we all procrastinate, and now hsc is in the way. she'll go, just pick the right time to ask :)

_random_

yeh thanks for the advice, i guess im just afraid that she will think im coming on too strong too early by asking her to the formal...which i am haha, although my skill in procrastination isnt helping either...whatever happens, happens.

thanks

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if you really badly want to ask, do it however you want to (tell her it's as friends whatever think about it) and do it now! it's best to get it over with, the suspense will be over, you'll be either happy or sad but not getting more and more nervous.

Binky

just do it otherwise you'll never know how she feels about you.
if she says yes then great!! and if she doesn't that's ok too cos there are plenty of girls out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)