Anyone hu is a Prior tutor please reply.. (1 Viewer)

jonathan__

HSC
Well I've received an email and I'm sure many would have also concerning recruitment of HSC graduates as tutors..I'd just like to find out wat it's like working in Prior before taking the knowledge test. Also, how much is the pay ? It must be more generous than most other tuition colleges with the rates they charge students..

jonathan__

HSC
Yeh I've been to their website. I'm asking on the forum because I want a tutor's perspective...
BTW do u go to Prior?

P

pLuvia

jonathan__ said:
Yeh I've been to their website. I'm asking on the forum because I want a tutor's perspective...
BTW do u go to Prior?
Nope but other BoS members, like Riviet and housemouse do

Riviet

HSC
N/A
jonathan__ said:
Also, how much is the pay ? It must be more generous than most other tuition colleges with the rates they charge students..
I have no idea what the numbers are, but I've heard it is good, also the hours can be long, but also flexible if you have uni or other stuff happening in life. You should enquire via a phone call or e-mailing them, their contact details are on the site.

keithmoon

Like a virgin.
HSC
jonathan__ said:
Well I've received an email and I'm sure many would have also concerning recruitment of HSC graduates as tutors..I'd just like to find out wat it's like working in Prior before taking the knowledge test. Also, how much is the pay ? It must be more generous than most other tuition colleges with the rates they charge students..
During trial period, pay is something like $15/hr. After trial period, I think a month, the pay is around $21/hr. Teachers get paid more than tutors. (All this according to memory).

What it's like working in Prior? I'm guessing it could be somewhat better if there isn't the restrictive owner.

It should be good, go for it. :)

H

housemouse

I heard Chatswood needs more tutors namely one extension 2 maths class tutor to mark their homework.

jonathan__

HSC
ohh thanks for the info...now i just need sum info on the knowledge test and wat it's all about. I am guessing it would be a few HSC q's to see if i'm comptetent to actually do them. Could some1 confirm this? Seems like i mite b reviewing a textbook the night before the test...hahaha

H

housemouse

Just email or call up Rob or Murray.

Also you need to know Maths and a science (Chemistry or Physics) and your HSC marks are at least band sixes in the areas you will tutor in. High band sixes are favoured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)