Anyone here in ADFA? (1 Viewer)

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
hatty said:
i wear tacs as well.
they make u go to a special eye doctor TWICE!!! at ur own expence to have ur eyes checked out and they drop this chemical in ur eyes and shit
if there is nothing else wrong with ur eyes (apart from the fact ur short or long sighted), there wont be a problem.
Great!!!! Thanks!!!!

Saspy

ADFA,
Now there is lots of potential on this topic, everything has a catch i guess the ADFA catch is that you'll have to work for them for stright 4years you cannot quit, you cannot back out.
It is really stricked when you do your trainnings and i know a few peoples has resigned from the Army, and trust me when you resign its really hard to get a new course or job.
Dont think the Army is all about Hero or make your self look cool, its all about a Challange you are not only competing within Australia you are competing with the world..YES that means America..China..Russia.etc.....
Thats why when you trying to join the Army it really requires high standard of Mental and Physicall health.
And yes i will join the Army but not as an officer because i know my own limit i cant go and lead few mens/womens with me, thats a big reasponsiblity.
Oh~ yeah remember that you can't have fun eg. driving your Skyline around all night or make out with you girlf, instead all you do is train train and train.
So.... Think before you even think about joinning the Army, i'am not saying that you cant make it, but i'am saying that it is very hard work.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
as for being refused entry based on eye sight problems being discrimination, what a load of crap. They don't what you in the army if you can't see if your shooting at the enemy or your best friend...

They let you in as long as the problem can be corrected.

hiccupz

ok i read this thread for the first time, and you are all a little bit missleaded about some of the adfa going-ons...
in your 1st yr at adfa yes your are seperated males/females and all that, that all changes in 2nd year, in 2nd year you share dorms, you will always have your own room, you do have tv and internet acess, and the internet access is really cheap as the defence pays for most of it or something liek that, the 1st few weeks of 1st year is made up of learning to march and things like that, getting to know the base, and who to salute, that is if you havent been a cadet etc, and if u are thinking of going to adfa i suggest u become a cadet, as it gives u a head on every1 else, and u already knwo the ranks and how 2 march etc.
there arnt always fights in canberra, its what u make it, if u go out with a bunch of mates looking 4 a fight then u will have one, if not then ull b fine, there is a bar called shooters its like $2.50 drinks etc thats where most adfa ppl hang out, its cheap and its the local. you travel to point cook in vic for your training like bush survival etc, well thats the air force, i dunno if the rest are exactly the same, at mess time(which is food time) you can mingle with who ever u want, and at stand down it is the same, the hardest part will be the first few weeks adapting to new surroundings, but if your a cadet uve done this b4 and it wont b a huge shock, as for any more questions feel free 2 ask away ill happily answer them and if i cant i will ask my best mate who is at adfa right now.
sorry i just had 2 clear all the stuff up that ppl were saying, you made it sound bad, and it is an awsome place!

psyfre

Supercalifragilisticexp..
HSC
thx jeni. Good to get all that cleard up. I read all them post and was getn rly confused. What is the contract exactly? Is it just until you finish your course - for example afer u finish, can u get on with your life? Go get job, apartment etc etc and never have to wory bout army again??

cheers

Gooba

HSC
Not quite,
After finishing your time at ADFA you will owe the ADF 5 years of miliatry service befor you can leave. This is the ROSO, Return of Service Obligation ( fair enough too, the ADF just spend 500k on you). However when in service you can live off-base and sort of get a "normal" life again

klh

HSC
i would like to ask about the desk jobs i.e. Admin officer or clerk, would these jobs still need the intensive training as normal soldiers? Or would you just get initial training? it wasnt very clear on the defencejobs.gov.au site. thanks if anyoen can answer this.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
You would probably have to still undergo training, but be careful because are you talking about army/raaf/ or navy? Cos all the training intensities are different. Best to talk to a recruiter at DFR at parramatta.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
So is the degree obtained from ADFA a UNSW degree? ie it says you completed blah blah blah degree at UNSW?

reece123

HSC
So do they let you out on weekends to go into canberra and clubs and that????

reece123

HSC
What kind of questions do they ask u at the OSB?
I heard they ask u if u could kill some1 and stuf flike that.

reece123

HSC
Thanx Komaticom ur a big help.

I dont know if u will know this, but after ADFA and Duntroon you enter as lieutenant. im gonna go for infantry.
Do you know how many ppl they put under my control.

Also do you ge tmuch free time at ADFa to use the gym or jsut chill and watch TV

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Komaticom said:
There are three stages of interviews.
At the OSB (third stage) the interviewers ask questions ABOUT YOU to clarify things that make their noses twitch, such as the possibility you of failing English in the HSC (there's a minimum English HSC performance band for eligibility into ADFA); or medical conditions such as degrading vision, asthma; or your past criminal record of sexual harrassment etc.

The Assessment Day (second stage) is where the questions all revolve around knowledge about the DF (Superannuation, bases around Aus, current operations, leave entitlements, fitness test specifics, salary, the chain of command, ADFA daily routine, RMC-D daily routine, ADFA military training specs, RMC-D Class specs, etc) as well as why you want in (your motivation, your attitude to life, the impact on your family, your willingness to put yourself in harm's way).
My answer to that question was: "I would not hesistate to take another person's life if that person's purpose is to take the lives of my comrades, of my friends, whose purpose, in contrast, is to serve to protect the lives of civilians who deserve to live without fear and intimidation."

By the way the "killing a man" question was asked during the JOES (first stage), and rightly so. No point letting a person progress in the DF recruitment process if he refuses kill.

I think there's 3-4 recruitment processes spread over any given year. So just call up, create a profile, and book yourself in for an interview.

It depends on how low. If it's only a little bit, they won't care all that much. If you're a youth you can apply for medical wavers if you fail any minimum medical requirements by a little bit.
You don't necessarily have to be strong. Fitness is first priority. Fighting is all about technique anyway, not how macho you are.

Although the fitness test is a pushover, once you get into 2nd year (?) at ADFA you'll be required to do 100 situps, 50 pushups, a march for a long distance, and a timed run with a 50+kg backpack on.

?= not certain about, writing from memory of what I memorized back in late '04
Might wanna check the dates of my posts there Komaticom:p

reece123

HSC
Ive got Joes day in 2 weeks, has ny1 been through it. Wat should i expect , nytricky questions theyll ask me???

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
JOES is the easy part. you'll do an iq test, and a psych test. they'll tell you some stuff about the ADF. you'll go through your medical questionnaire. they'll ask you some basic questions about what you want to do and why, why you think your suitable etc. then they'll tell you what to expect at the assessment day, and send you on your merry way. its pretty hard to stuff up if you know what your on about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)