Anyone Heard back about the Principal Recc. Yet? (1 Viewer)

company_sin

HSC
Arrrrrrgh, the more i read this the more confused i become...

At the moment UNE is my fourth pref.
I've been accapted on the school recomendation thing but haven't moved it to number 1.

Does this mean that nomatter what, if my first three preferences are unsuccessful I will have a place at UNE?

tamster

Me Too

trekkie said:
bach of teaching/bach of arts, thing is i dont really want UNE< im waiting for newy now, but at least now i have somewhere to go

I wanted that course too. Une though is my first prefered PLACE. But cause so many want that course they took it out of principals' rec. so have to wait for uai. Got accepted for BA and B Mathematics/Teaching though. Maybe can transfer over if I had bad day with exams. UAI is meant to have skyrocketed

T

talene

company_sin said:
Arrrrrrgh, the more i read this the more confused i become...

At the moment UNE is my fourth pref.
I've been accapted on the school recomendation thing but haven't moved it to number 1.

Does this mean that nomatter what, if my first three preferences are unsuccessful I will have a place at UNE?

i think so.
i called une and the lady said that if i place any of the courses 2nd or below, i can still get in because i received my confirmation letter. but then i called uac and the lady said that she finds that hard to believe... :S

company_sin

HSC
tamster said:
I wanted that course too. Une though is my first prefered PLACE. But cause so many want that course they took it out of principals' rec. so have to wait for uai. Got accepted for BA and B Mathematics/Teaching though. Maybe can transfer over if I had bad day with exams. UAI is meant to have skyrocketed
I don't think they took B Arts/B Teaching out of principals rec. as i got it as one of mine?

Thanks Talene.
I've heardd what UNE told you (but am once again slightly confused on what UAC told you.

The letter said: "If you place any of the above courses as your second preference or lower, you will be offered a place only if your higher preferences are unsuccessful."

company_sin

HSC
So what did we all get in for anyway? I got into B Urban and Regional Planning and B International Studies.[/QUOTE said:
B arts
B arts/Bteaching
B communication studies

T

talene

company_sin said:
So what did we all get in for anyway? I got into B Urban and Regional Planning and B International Studies.[/QUOTE said:
B arts
B arts/Bteaching
B communication studies

I got:
B Social Science
B Communication Studies
B Arts

I think I'll go with Comm. Studies...

p.s- company sin, nice avatar...are you going to see them when they play here?

company_sin

HSC
talene said:
I got:
B Social Science
B Communication Studies
B Arts

I think I'll go with Comm. Studies...

p.s- company sin, nice avatar...are you going to see them when they play here?

Thankyou.
Unfortunantly I won't be seeing them as: a) i'm not 18 yet *grumble* and b) it's sold out *double grumble*

Are you going?

marezmac

The new mexican...
HSC
talene said:
i hope they've sent the pack in two lots because i haven't received anything else since...and the letter was dated Dec 3, so it should be here by now...
i'll call tomorrow because it's too late right now, and i'll ask for them to resend my stuff.

a question to the people who were accepted:
-what did you receive in the mail along with your confirmation letter?? (other than a brochure titled 'UNE at a glace' and something about campus tours...i'm talking forms and what not), also on your uac uni preferences (online) does it say anything about SRAS offers??? because mine doesn't...
I called uac but the lady said it won't say anything till January when the main round comes...but I dont understand why. is it because SRAS isn't considered to be a part of the early round??

I guess i'm just having jitters...i'm so unorganised!
got nothing else at all!!! were we spozed to then?? i got the application earlier in the year tho wen i asked about scholarships... AHH this uni stuff is tooo too much

marezmac

The new mexican...
HSC
i got into
arts/law
commerce/law
economics/law
think i mite take arts law... the other two could be extremely dry and boring!
congrats all!

T

talene

company_sin said:
Thankyou.
Unfortunantly I won't be seeing them as: a) i'm not 18 yet *grumble* and b) it's sold out *double grumble*

Are you going?
i'm 18 in feb - so no, i won't be going.
sucks.

brookalyn

HSC
i turn 18 on feb 13 a week before o week which is really good!!

as to the offers, the lady i spoke seemed pretty clued up and she said if u just got the une offer letter and not the uac offer, change your prefs so the course u would like is first pref and you will receive the uac formal offer in the preliminary round on 5 january, all seems very confusing to me!! but im happy cauz i dont have to worry bout it myself but im hoping it works out for my bestie i want her to come with me!! Not sure about the prefs order thing, hope it works out well for everyone!! im sure it will anyway!!

T

talene

brookalyn said:
i turn 18 on feb 13 a week before o week which is really good!!

as to the offers, the lady i spoke seemed pretty clued up and she said if u just got the une offer letter and not the uac offer, change your prefs so the course u would like is first pref and you will receive the uac formal offer in the preliminary round on 5 january, all seems very confusing to me!! but im happy cauz i dont have to worry bout it myself but im hoping it works out for my bestie i want her to come with me!! Not sure about the prefs order thing, hope it works out well for everyone!! im sure it will anyway!!
yeah i just called une for the 72309381209th time, and i was put onto Lynn Smith because I was sent stuff (today) that I was never meant to get, but she said I WAS meant to receive the first letter about getting in through SRAS.

Basically, she said that if i want to confirm my offer, i should place my une course first and on Jan 5 i WILL receive a formal offer from uac. So, what you need to do is tear off the bottom part of the formal offer, sign it, and send it in the une envelope enclosed. i'm so annoyed at the amount of times i've called and been given different information. She said that the people who received formal offers on Dec 3 (which was when the letter about being successful in SRAS was mailed) received them because they placed une as their FIRST preference...whereas, on the 3rd of Dec, I had my une course as my 2nd preference. grrr....all that is fixed, and come Jan 5, i will receive my offer.

So i am definately going to une.
scary

timrie6

HSC
N/A
I got in to law/arts, arts and international studies. yay. not that I'm going there

tamster

AHK I'm younger still

noel_gallagher said:
Oh my god we're all gonna be at uni and only 17! I've got a fakey tho, quite a superb fakie if I do say so myself.

I turn 18 in mid June!!! Damn. I look even YOUNGER than that still!!! Unfortunate me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)