Anyone Heard back about the Principal Recc. Yet? (1 Viewer)

company_sin

HSC
If i don't get into Syd i'll be doing B arts/teaching

but also got accepted for plain arts + communication

brookalyn

HSC
duval?

there seems to be a lot of cred on here for duval!! when i visited on open day i was a bit scared when touring through duval!!
not as cool a place as i was expectin!! i dont mean to sound negative but maybe it just wasnt my sort of thing!! too many delayed stares!! hmm not sure!
robb college seemed like a bit of a party college the guy who showed me around was really nice im not sure about the cowboy thing though!!

Last edited:

woohohoohoo

captain oblivious
HSC
wright village!!!!!!!!! altho its kinda hard to get into.

one of my best friends got rejected :( it blows.
but congrats to everyone else that got in..

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
brookalyn said:
there seems to be a lot of cred on here for duval!! when i visited on open day i was a bit scared when touring through duval!!
not as cool a place as i was expectin!! i dont mean to sound negative but maybe it just wasnt my sort of thing!! too many delayed stares!! hmm not sure!
robb college seemed like a bit of a party college the guy who showed me around was really nice im not sure about the cowboy thing though!!
do you remember who your tour guide was?
i was doing tours all day, so i might have scared you off

to each their own, but i have had the best year of my life at uni and i owe it all to duval college

brookalyn

HSC
no it wasnt that!! nothing personal at all meant by what i said
i just felt that i wouldnt fit in well probably!! it really depends on the individual person i guess and whether or not they feel comfortable in any which one of the colleges. i am sure that duval is an excellent college!! just not 4 me lol

Ashleet

HSC
you could always go to Mary White - tis the awesomly awesome of places.

you find out about places anywhere from january till a couple of days before o week (depending on when you applied and how many colleges your application has been to).

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Ashleet said:
you could always go to Mary White - tis the awesomly awesome of places.
Yeah it's an easy walk to classes from there. I thought they were only open to later years and mature age students? Did they open themselves up to freshers again did they?

Ashleet

HSC
They are definatly open to freshers again for the next year. If you have any q's feel free to contact me about it, will be an RA there next year.

T

talene

do we have to actually apply at a college or what? sorry, i may sound like i have no clue on what's going on, but that's actually true - i don't really know where to start with all of this uni crap
arghghghghhh

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
talene said:
does anybody know what the Wright Village is like???
every uni has a website with information. Here is the one on UNE accommodation.
http://www.une.edu.au/eao/prospective.html

Wright village is like moving into a flat with a bunch of people. All self catered etc.
If you want to get on-campus accommodation you better start applying as apparently first round offer apps closed 30th November. Also consider spending like $10 and calling the colleges up to see if it's too late as the competition is usually fierce, so by calling you might find out who is still reasonably accepting applications.

T

talene

CLOSED 30 nov!? i only just found out i was accepted through sras...
shit

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
talene said:
CLOSED 30 nov!? i only just found out i was accepted through sras...
shit
That's for first round though. You pretty much should apply to the colleges the minute you decide you might even remotely go there to get a spot. Remember some people will drop off from the list as the UAC offers are released but it is still fierce. That is only the first round so don't stress too much, there are others. So start filling it in and give em a call to find out what the situation is with the next round and who is not too over subscribed.

T

talene

yeah i have a few questions i need to ask (that i've written down so i don't forget haha) and i'm going to call tomorrow!

T

talene

i just called une and they told me that i should have received a form with my letter...which i didn't.
what did you receive in the mail with your confirmation letter?? the guy on the phone also said that the letter should have given me a student number...which it didn't either...

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
talene said:
i just called une and they told me that i should have received a form with my letter...which i didn't.
what did you receive in the mail with your confirmation letter?? the guy on the phone also said that the letter should have given me a student number...which it didn't either...
Yeah I got all that years ago if I remember right, along with some brochures and other junk. Maybe they sent the pack in 2 lots and one just hasn't arrived yet?

Did you ask them to resend it?

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
Argonaut said:
When do we have to apply for accomodation by (if we're deferring, that is)?
i deferred this year and sent in my accomodation form late october... i had an interview with my first choice (albies) in november and still waiting to hear back

so i'd say apply around october to be early!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)