Anyone Heard back about the Principal Recc. Yet? (1 Viewer)

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
go to duval... best college ever... trust me (if interested PM me for details)
your teachers assess you and ultimately the principal gives the ok for the reccomendation

Ashleet

HSC
talene said:
i got a letter in the mail today (dated 3rd dec) saying that i got accepted and i have to choose 1 of the 3 courses i listed.
i'd prefer to get into uws because it's closer to home...does this mean that i should put my UNE course second, and my UWS course first...and if i don't get into my uws one, then i will definately still get accepted at une???
also - can study at une, under the SRES be taken via correspondance??
im pretty sure i read somewhere that you cant enroll as an external student under SRAS, but you could always check with the student centre.

Ashleet

HSC
talene said:
NEITHER!!!
where are you from?
i live near penrith and une is so far to travel just to check out the campus
im from the penrith area too, but i never checked out the campus or really even knew anything about the uni before i started. I just arrived in o week and had to explore it all then.

Ashleet

HSC
duval the best eh - bit of biased opinion dont you think :p

you can still apply for placement in college (some people dont apply till mainround offers come out to see if they are accepted) and you have a good chance at getting in one of the colleges (maybe not Albies or Earle Page - They fill up pretty quickly).

Even if you dont get oncampus accomodation there is always smith house or plenty of share accomodation around Armidale. but usually semester 2 more places open up in the colleges

Ashleet

HSC
the oncampus includes: room, all meals, clean linen weekly, access to tutors and college academic advisors, heating, access to computers and internet access (300 mb free from uni if using uni computers) , rec facilities (pool tables, tvs etc). plus then there is the social life that come with living with 200 + other people

generally cheaper to live in a share houses than rental, only because you split all bills, but if you ilve off campus you have to consider rent, groceries, utilities, transport to and from uni and furniture if it isnt furnished.

Ashleet

HSC
im home at sydney at the moment - you generally stay in college from mid-late february (depending on dates of o week) till exams end in november (early to mid if you are lucky) and you can go home for holidays or pay extra to stay over holidays periods.

take computer, cd players, tvs, alot of people take bar fridges etc.

you can drink in your rooms, generally you can drink most places - i know we generally sit around it the common rooms or courtyards and drink (as long as you are responsible and dont majorly annoy anyone else so they complain)

HSC
cool thanks.

Yeah I want to take up a bar fridge. Getting a new stereo for xmas as far as I know.

i think im gonna apply for robb college, duval, and drummond and smith.

--- what do you think?

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
noel_gallagher said:
cool thanks.

Yeah I want to take up a bar fridge. Getting a new stereo for xmas as far as I know.

--- what do you think?
You do know where Armidale is right? Like you are aware that if you don't have a car or parents to take all your gear you'll be lugging it around on the train or even worse, the bus! :)

Robb is good if you like country folk, it always has been a country college.

HSC
LrO, yeah I know where armidale is ... I think lol - north and in west a little bit? Never been there, but I know it's a hike from Newie. Yeah, my parentals would drive me up with all my shit, we've got a big arse car. should be sweet. Plus I can buy stuff there that I want or need.

Oh!!! I thought Robb college looked really arty and musical! I think I'll put down for Duval. I'm not what you'd call a cowboy... ... ...

I'm musical, arty and love partying and talking with people. Is duval right for me do you think?

Ashleet

HSC
noel_gallagher said:
cool thanks.

--- what do you think?
For any of your duval questions contact mojoman.

Drummond and Smith is definatly an all round college - they do well in both the sorts and cultural comps. pretty good party atmosphere.

Robb is very country, most of the guys are into rugby (you cant miss their carpark with the countless utes) compete well in sports, not as good in cultural. Supposedly have a really good chef that works there.

Ashleet

HSC
musical and arty - Earle Page, Duval or Drummn and Smith the top three there. Every year EP put on a musical (also has its own music rooms).

HSC
Yeah I really like the look of those three.

I'm pretty outgoing, but it's gonna be so hard to leave all my friends here. Is it easy to meet up with new people and make friends? I suppose it would have to be cos you're all in the same boat?

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
noel_gallagher said:
Yeah I really like the look of those three.

I'm pretty outgoing, but it's gonna be so hard to leave all my friends here. Is it easy to meet up with new people and make friends? I suppose it would have to be cos you're all in the same boat?
It'll be very easy to meet new people.

EP and Austin share their kitchens, chances are what one has for lunch the other has for dinner. Expect steak one day to turn into crumbed steak and stroganoff the next.

HSC
Argonaut said:
I hear they pretty much drag you kicking and screaming out to parties. Why you'd be kicking and screaming is beyond me, though.

Sounds like my kinda place!

thanks for all your help guys, i hadn't given une a second thought after I sent my form in. Didn't really know what it was for, my tutor group teacher made me send it in hah.

brookalyn

HSC
just a question?

anyone know when you find out if you get into the colleges or not? cauz im thinkin if i dont get into one ill defer and if i do i will go next year!!
just got my acceptance letter today but i really want to make my decision and send away my decision!!
i found out today that my bestie will b coming with me that i thought didnt get principals recc. but she got a letter today saying they will accept her to her 2nd and 3rd pref and shes fairly happy with that!! yey she can come with me!! im not so worried about which college now cauz if she is with me it doesnt matter!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)