Anyone having a work overload crisis? (1 Viewer)

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
dillay said:
it is D:. My older sister goes to COFA and the work amount she has atm is scary o.o"
mine did too. sometimes the floor of her room and the lounge room would be completely covered by art student paraphernalia that she might as well have cordoned them off.

my open high modern work for the term came two weeks late. the envelope was two inches thick.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I still reckon Uni is easier. Remember, once you get into your course, your there. If you don't get the marks, you may not be able to apply for the course which you wish to study. Therefore, HSC creates more work and stress.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Aplus said:
I still reckon Uni is easier. Remember, once you get into your course, your there. If you don't get the marks, you may not be able to apply for the course which you wish to study. Therefore, HSC creates more work and stress.
but if you kepp failing dont you hav to do the course until you pass. so you can end up in uni for 10 years

Aplus

HSC
N/A
kaz1 said:
but if you kepp failing dont you hav to do the course until you pass. so you can end up in uni for 10 years
Yeah, but remember, you only do the HSC once. If you screw it up, it's finished. [And yes I am aware of people repeating their HSC, but no one would repeat it that frequently]

Riffy Raffy

BABY MAN
HSC
My sister is doing Arts/Law at UTS 3rd year and she has enough time to do activism and stuff :eek:

shadow5

HSC
I know people who have gotten a UAI of 65 and ended up in Law, all you need is a few credits in your first year in Uni and you can change courses easy

Last edited:

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC
rosypink said:
omg is anyone finding the work content we r given at school to be overboard?
like seriously, i have no life because of these stupid teachers, assignments and homework- it really is annoying that ive started to become lazy =[ i cbb studying anymore because when i look at what i have to revise i just lose all motivation and look for something to do as an excuse( which btw is really bad) or i just end up day dreaming !!!
Here's a trick.

Don't do the homework unless it will get you marks. Otherwise it's useless.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
hurikai said:
Here's a trick.

Don't do the homework unless it will get you marks. Otherwise it's useless.
Ezactly. However, if the teacher actually spends the time picking out the questions that you ought to do instead of saying do all of chaper 4.2 or whatever, i think you should take a look, incase theres something important.

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC
I suck up to teachers without doing homework. It's not that hard. Although if you're good at independent study, you get to the point where you don't need a teacher.

Likewise, if you're good at independent study, you'd be able to pick your own questions from whatever maths set when the teacher sets it, or even better, you've already done that set ages ago.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Not atm, but occasionally i have to do 10 chapters of maths ie 1.1 - 1.10, in one night.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Ouch... I've got to do English though - still haven't finished. :)

I prefer maths because it doesn't really take as long for me. :)

rosypink

HSC
foram said:
Ezactly. However, if the teacher actually spends the time picking out the questions that you ought to do instead of saying do all of chaper 4.2 or whatever, i think you should take a look, incase theres something important.
very true indeed =]

selablad

HSC
foram said:
Yeah I agree. Also if they are just giving homework for the sake of giving homework, then look over it and see what the work looks like. Go through each question and if it is blindingly obvious how to do it, skip it, but if you can't do it then it's good to challenge yourself. The way I see it is that it's better to spend all your study time on a really hard question, trying to get it out until you get it, than doing 500 really easy questions :read: Then you feel all happy and stuff :D

HSC
selablad said:
Also if they are just giving homework for the sake of giving homework,
That's my PE teacher, he just sets homework that has no point, and worse is that he admits it. He says "Its just so that some of the other people in the class will study", uh, no, that doesn't happen because they don't do it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)