Anyone Got Shit Uai Like Myself 56.90 (1 Viewer)

Jasox

HSC
wtf with all these ppl in the 90s complaining? WHAT IS THIS

i should be the one complaining! i got 52.5!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so FARKED UP! i got low/ mid 70s and somehow it drops down by 20

anyone with 90 and over should be happy even if you didnt make it to your dream career at least you got more options, with 52.5 there is no options

Aplus

HSC
N/A
hiddenagenda said:
i feel u dreamer, i got 98.95 FUCk omg oh noes im so pissed =[
What did you need? 99.5+?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
ari89 said:
1/16th Indigenous Australian makes a full Jew nose out of reach.

Fuck you're arrogant.

But congratulations on your achievements, i guess you deserve it.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
DeathB4Life said:
remember guys:

*once youre in uni the UAI is pretty meaningless.

*transfers are pretty easy if youre doing a course that you actually enjoy.

*there are heaps of people each year that get great UAIs and then do shit at first year uni because they realise they dont even like their course and were probably forced into it by their parents.

*uni life is so much different to the HSC and it really is about how much you enjoy what youre doing and whether youre putting in the effort rather than just having a natural talent for writing bs essays, extending what should be a simple point out into 2 paragraphs and remembering formulae.

*out of all the mates from highschool who are doing engineering, the bloke who got the worst UAI has the highest GPA. a mate of mine who really is quite smart but has no motivation for uni is failing quite epically while the one who actually wants to be learning, despite doing shit in his HSC, is doing great now.

*UAI cutoffs are often complete bs. many mates made it into their course with sub-cutoff UAIs.

*experience is alot more important in getting a job than having a big number on your resume.

*you all probably have a good 30-40 years worth of employment ahead of you, spending an extra year at tafe is no big deal. you might have a bit of catching up to do but try and compare yourself to the many who have taken gap years, failed first year, dropped out of their course, transfered into a completely different course after realising its not for them etc. there really isnt any 'year group' feeling in uni that youre missing out on. once you make it into your course you really are on a level playing field with everyone else.

*the HSC+release of results was a very stressful time, but youll all soon start to feel how good it is to be out of school and be free. i dont mean just realise that you have a huge boring break, but realise that every aspect of life just gets better once youre out of school. it was only recently that i realised how mediocre my years at school were and i pity the kids walking down the streets still in their school uniforms.

*learning material that is actually relevent, having much less hours at uni/tafe compared to school and becoming an indepedant person with about 4 months worth of holidays each year is awesome.

*there are millions of starving babies in africa. you are not one of them.

edit: *many problems can be alleviated by telling your parents to bugger off. live life like its yours.
Great tips.

j12torts

HSC
i didnt get 56.90 but yeh i am pretty disappointed with mine, i fell below the cut off i wanted by a difference of 0.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! farkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn heckkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!! lol

do u guys think that UTS' 4 bonus pts for my course will help me get in??? pls i need some genuine answers and not stupid ones. i already emailed their faculty but the fags havent replied yet, so yeh take care ya'll and don't worry about it

life will still go on..................for u's

Thunderbolt

HSC
Well I got 60.25, and I would have prefered 61.25 as CSU's 5 point bonus for being in a regional school would have sent me directly to the police force.

Anyway, I'm going to speak to the admissions centre in January to see if they'll make exception for such a ridiculously close UAI anyway.

To those who are stressing over their UAI's: It's not the end of the world. There are many other ways into a tertiary education, something that I should have realised a long time ago; the pressure of exams was a little too much, but I got through and it seems like most of you did too.

You'll save yourself a lot of grey hair later on. Forget about school for now, go out and have a fun time. Worry about university in 2008!

Merry Christmas and Seasons Greetings!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
S1M0 said:
Fuck you're arrogant.

But congratulations on your achievements, i guess you deserve it.
You do know that ari89 is in uni? - He is NOT an '07er.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Marks are insane this year. Getting high 70's and low 80's and ending up with a UAI in the 60's in insane!

ccc123

HSC
Jasox said:
wtf with all these ppl in the 90s complaining? WHAT IS THIS

i should be the one complaining! i got 52.5!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so FARKED UP! i got low/ mid 70s and somehow it drops down by 20

anyone with 90 and over should be happy even if you didnt make it to your dream career at least you got more options, with 52.5 there is no options
Lol. can;t all you people see these alleged 90+ers are trying to stir you up?

blakegman

HSC
N/A
i got 96.35

Pretty shit. Really wanted 96.50 but what can you do hey ? ill just go to TAFE instead

leoyh

mic`
HSC
some people have high expectations. why diss em if they're pissed with 99. its just like you being pissed with getting 50

Legal Hustle

HSC
I'm heading for something really bad, I've been averaging 60-65% in my assessments. :(

benjitfc

HSC
Legal Hustle said:
I'm heading for something really bad, I've been averaging 60-65% in my assessments. :(
haha ive been doing shit,

fucked how u can get 80s and 90s and get a uai of 60,

fuck off asians

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
why the hell is everyone putting tafe down

more and more uni's are starting to become tafe wannabee's. haven't you heard in the newspaper that now unis are in the process of now providing vocational degrees. honestly if unis are going to make there degrees vocational what the hell is the point of going to uni when you can go to tafe? and some unis are already providing diplomas

tafes provides a good transition from school to uni (or so ive heard) and you can get a diploma in about a year which beats 3 years at uni. and if you do want do go to uni you may be able to get credit for your studies so you wont be far behind.
LOL there's an elective that is jointly run at TAFE but I don't want to go not because of TAFE but I have to travel back and forth between TAFE and uni and it eats up a lot of time on my timetable.
And it clashes.

yer8899 said:
they're probably doing epically shit scaling subjects, such as textiles, art etc.

hayleyl said:
i am pretty disappointed 64.2
Subjects 2007: English (standard), gen. Maths, CAFs, Society and Culture,Studies of religion II and Senior science
UAI Aim: 75+

aMUSEd1977 said:
Only got 99.90.

Missed out on any number of scholarships by .05

I'm going to hang myself now.
lol

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=2685619&postcount=132

http://community.boredofstudies.org/showpost.php?p=2687566&postcount=292

Exphate said:
I failed to get a b6. have i failed life?
Miles Edgeworth said:
Yes, B6 is easy to get dude.

zeleboy

HSC
It doesn't matter if you have a low UAI, it's merely an indicitator given to you by a board of people. I've heard many times from my career's adviser that if you perform well in a subject (that assumably you like) you can apply for scholarships or something of that nature for that course. This is ofcourse, assuming that you did relatively well and didn't completely bomb out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)