anyone got rejected/accepted for med science?? (1 Viewer)

igottagetcha88

HSC
i feel horrible.. my umat results must seriously suck!!!
:( :(

Thank you for your 'application for Interview' for the Griffith University Bachelor of Medical Science.

As part of the selection process, the School of Medicine has assessed your UMAT results and regret to advise that your application for interview was unsuccessful.

In order to have been selected to interview your scores in the UMAT needed to have placed you in the top 60 applicants to the Bachelor of Medical Science.
Please do not be discouraged by this outcome as the competition was very strong. You should be proud of your achievements in the UMAT and at School and continue to work towards your goal of studying Medicine. There are many pathways to Medicine which I would be happy to discuss with you should you wish.

Please Email any questions that you may have to me at: maxine.hughes@griffith.edu.au. I will respond to your emails as soon as possible after recieving them but please be patient - it may take a few days.

On behalf of Griffith University and myself, I wish you all the very best for your future

Yours sincerely

Maxine Hughes
Medical Selections Officer
School of Medicine
Griffith University – Gold Coast Campus

hello:)

HSC
since when did you have to put an "application for interview" at griffith?? is that a seperate application from the standard QTAC one? also, do all other corses at griffith with an interview and umat requirement let ppl know now too. coz i havent recieved anything!

by the way dont feel too bad-coz uve gotta be in the top 60, and shit loads would have applied!

Ice.Coffee

HSC
Hey i applied to Griffith uni and i got an offer for an Interview.

but it's really messed up cause my marks in school are average and im looking at a UAI of like 85+

meanwhile my UMAT score was 13X which is pretty low in my opinion. (UNSW - you must have a UMAT raw score of 150 or higher for second round offers)

which leads me to the conclusion that Griffith are possibly thinking of using me as one of those 'we also accept people based on interview' or this is a random head-selection.

and yeah, in response to one of the posters above me, you should have applied to the B of Medical Science in MAY or something if i remember correctly. one of those seperate 'internal' applications.

anyway, to the rest of you good luck, and wish my luck i guess... it'd be awesome if i got in...

Last edited:

Spon888

HSC
Wow was that application for interview just for medscience? Does it apply to other health science courses with interviews such as dent?

EDIT: Ok this doesn't seem to apply for dent. Nothing specifically was said about it, whereas under the medscience section, there was a specfic line saying 'you must submit blahblha applitcation to Uni directly by 30thJune to be considered' heres where you can check

http://www.gu.edu.au/academicprogramsandcourses/

Last edited:

Maxine.H

HSC
N/A
Hi
Your UMAT results had to be VERY good to get you i the top 60! Very unlikely that they suck at all!

The B MedSci at Griffith is a new degree that will be offered for the first time in 2007. Selection is based on 1. UMAT results, 2. Interview Score and finally 3. Your OP / UAI / ENTER.
Therefore, to get an interview you had to be among the top 60 of the 230 who applied THEN you had to do reallly well at interview to be made a CONDITIONAL Offer (The condition is that you score the appropriate OP etc...) THEN ..... Score an OP 1 or UAI / ENTER of 99 to get a confirmed offer into the program
I am the selections officer for Medicine at Griffith so if you guys want to know anything please contact me - we are really helpful at Griffith and Honest ... dont bite (well not often) :)

Take Care and Good Luck to all
Maxine

Spon888

HSC
Maxine.H said:
I am the selections officer for Medicine at Griffith so if you guys want to know anything please contact me - we are really helpful at Griffith and Honest ... dont bite (well not often) :)
Hi! Do you by any chance look after Dentistry as well?

Maxine.H

HSC
N/A
No - But they are 2 offices down and as I have just come out of General Admissions - I am sure I can help (or at least find someone who can) :)

Spon888

HSC
Maxine.H said:
No - But they are 2 offices down and as I have just come out of General Admissions - I am sure I can help (or at least find someone who can) :)
I just had a few standard questions which I had a bit of trouble finding.

i) The first is when the interview offers are sent out, and when the interview days are for next years entry.

ii) and the second is, for the dentistry course, do you find out about the offers of placement during the main round QTAC release date (11thJan)? or does the uni contact you a few days before so you still have time to change preferences/and or make sure your first one is the one you got an offer for.

And just as a general question, I'm an interstate student and I applied for QU and Griffith. Any recommendations as to which one I should put first? (at the moment I've put QU first because I think its harder to get into, as its based on very high marks and no interview process)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)