anyone get UAI > 90 who did English Standard????????????? (1 Viewer)

mwah015

HSC
my english advanced teacher told me u cant get a UAI of above 90 if u did standard english. well he kind of said u can, but it would be too hard.

studentcheese

HSC
Yes. If you look at the UAC scaling report, the top UAI in Standard English for the past two years have been 99.80 and 99.90, but these students probably had high scaling subjects with them. If you want to achieve a uai of 90+ in standard english, make sure you have higher scaling subjects with you! :D

HSC
I got a UAI of 91.05, and I did standard english and even business studies.
It is possible. Just study hard.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
I achieved a UAI of 99.6. It's definitely possible, don't lose hope! My subjects were English Standard, Mathematics Extension 1, Economics, Studies of Religion 2 and even Visual Arts.

Good luck :)!

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
it doesn't make any difference? standard and advanced english are scaled the same for your uai so as long as you go well in it it shouldn't matter.

i did standard english and my UAI was 93.50. my mark in std english was 79. i also did really low scaling subjects like IPT.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
I achieved a UAI of 99.6. It's definitely possible, don't lose hope! My subjects were English Standard, Mathematics Extension 1, Economics, Studies of Religion 2 and even Visual Arts.

very impressive

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

O.O

Very impressive!!!

luvtop

HSC
my english advanced teacher told me u cant get a UAI of above 90 if u did standard english. well he kind of said u can, but it would be too hard.

my friend who completed her hsc in 08 got 99.1 with standard english and general maths
your teacher is WRONG

Uncle

Banned
HSC
my english advanced teacher told me u cant get a UAI of above 90 if u did standard english.
yes!
yes i did!

well he kind of said u can, but it would be too hard.
oh no it isnt!

Yes. If you look at the UAC scaling report, the top UAI in Standard English for the past two years have been 99.80 and 99.90, but these students probably had high scaling subjects with them. If you want to achieve a uai of 90+ in standard english, make sure you have higher scaling subjects with you! :D
ahhahaha of course.

studentcheese

HSC
Top UAI for Standard English in 2008 and 2007 was 99.9 and 99.95 respectively. So, yes it's doable. I'd say 90 uai+ is very achievable, but to get around 99+ in Standard English, you'd need a high band 5 or Band 6.

ThisYearsGirl

HSC

oh wow thats really impressive congratz ! that makes me feel a lot better because i just dropped to eng stnd in yr 11 n i kept thinking that it'll scale me down and i do a combination of hard and easy subjects like chemistry and visual arts. i tihnk as long as you do well u'll be fine.. better than doing crap in a hard subject. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)