ANyone fail 2Umaths and get a good uai?? (1 Viewer)

putri tini

HSC
2Umaths is totally letting me down, i dont know why i chose it i cant study it properly!!! so did ANyone fail 2Umaths and get a good uai??

FinalFantasy

HSC
putri tini said:
2Umaths is totally letting me down, i dont know why i chose it i cant study it properly!!! so did ANyone fail 2Umaths and get a good uai??
have u got 10units not including ur 2unit maths atm?

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Umm... I'm thinking that failing a subject isn't going to be good for your uai full stop. Unless of course you have 12+ units, and only fail one.

sinist4

HSC
if u fail that your uai isnt going to be good at all, because you only have 11 units.

^___^
HSC
lets put it this way

you now only have the options of either

1) failing 2u maths totally and get an average uai because of it
2) pull yourself together and get the best 2u marks possible and see what uai you will get

adambra

HSC
sinist4 said:
if u fail that your uai isnt going to be good at all, because you only have 11 units.
Not necessarily, I also have 11 units and am doing worst in maths. Using JUAI I saw that pulling maths all the way down and leaving the others where they would be only upsets it by about 3 UAI points.

sinist4

HSC
adambra said:
Not necessarily, I also have 11 units and am doing worst in maths. Using JUAI I saw that pulling maths all the way down and leaving the others where they would be only upsets it by about 3 UAI points.
yes..true but also you would need to get pretty high marks in the other subjects..............

get_born

putri tini said:
I totally understand- im doing good in everything except for maths :(

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
last_chance said:
I totally understand- im doing good in everything except for maths :(
Serious? I'm not too worried about anything except english, really. English is so unpredictable. When I thought I did pretty well, I ended up half-failing. When I thought I screwed up big time, I got full marks.

Since you have only 11 units, failing (note: actual failing - getting below 50%. It's just that some people get 85% and start whining "I failed!") any of your subjects that take up more than one unit will drag your UAI down. If you have english extension 1 or something, fail that. :p Joking... try your best not to fail anything!

2U math isn't unhackable once you get some practising done. I know how it's like - if you get 3 questions wrong in a row, you just give up :p. But keep at it, read through different examples before starting an exercise. When you have questions, ask teachers, friends, parents, BoS... etc. Write up formulae cards and memorise them. ;) Most importantly, do some past papers. It takes practise.

Good luck. :)

FinalFantasy

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Serious? I'm not too worried about anything except english, really. English is so unpredictable. When I thought I did pretty well, I ended up half-failing. When I thought I screwed up big time, I got full marks.

Since you have only 11 units, failing (note: actual failing - getting below 50%. It's just that some people get 85% and start whining "I failed!") any of your subjects that take up more than one unit will drag your UAI down. If you have english extension 1 or something, fail that. :p Joking... try your best not to fail anything!

2U math isn't unhackable once you get some practising done. I know how it's like - if you get 3 questions wrong in a row, you just give up :p. But keep at it, read through different examples before starting an exercise. When you have questions, ask teachers, friends, parents, BoS... etc. Write up formulae cards and memorise them. ;) Most importantly, do some past papers. It takes practise.

Good luck. :)
hey, me too! English is my main concern in this HSC.. it is killing me!
I HATE ENGLISH! :chainsaw:

kim_

im failing maths but im doing 12 units, 47% I just want to pass maths so that i can say that i passed everythng but i dont know coz it takes so much time to study 4 it especially when you have such a crap teacher

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
Im failing maths too, but im going alright\good in all my other subjects, how much is my UAI going to be affected?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
putri tini said:
yeh true starbaa lol

i have 11 units
im in the exact same position as you
2 unit maths is my worst subject
11 units
therefore 1 will count :( that is if i do better in everything else

and ive failed 2 assessments
yes failed dreamerish... 46% and 44%

trial is not gonna be good either... :(

courtney_*

goan_crazy said:
im in the exact same position as you
2 unit maths is my worst subject
11 units
therefore 1 will count :( that is if i do better in everything else

and ive failed 2 assessments
yes failed dreamerish... 46% and 44%

trial is not gonna be good either... :(
I am the same as you!

I have 11 units and I am doing reasonably well in all my other subjects except maths.

I am coming like 10th last in my grade for maths and I failed the last assessment (the average was a fail though) and I got 50% the assessment before that. I have given up hope for trials... got three days before the trial and I am going to do maths for those three days, but still, that is another assessment I will fail.

I am getting a tutor after trials so hopefully I will be able to bring my rank up a bit but I hope it doesn't drag my UAI down (hoping for over 85).

:(

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I was failing maths, luckily i as doing 12 units so i decided to completely drop maths a few weeks ago.

We are talking marks around 30-35% when all my other marks were high 80!

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Deus said:
I was failing maths, luckily i as doing 12 units so i decided to completely drop maths a few weeks ago.

We are talking marks around 30-35% when all my other marks were high 80!
I so wish I could not do maths! But i cant, I already dropped bio so I only do 11 units.
There should be a course thats in between maths 2unit and general
the level of the jump in difficulty between them is huge!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah it is!

I was doing 2U untill the end of term 1 (marks of 30ish)

sO i dropped down to general maths (marks shot up to 85)

But it was too easy, i was learning stuff i learnt in year 9/10 Advanced maths....

so i dropped it altogether.

Really does need to be something in between general/ 2U

P

pLuvia

Asking this question, and if people agree. It will only make you more lazy and really fail, i recommend you just revise more and DONT FAIL. good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)