Anyone excited about uni? (1 Viewer)

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Ezmay
BRING IT ON!!!!!! Mmmmm, yes I'm excited as well!

Yes I feel the same, no one is left to go to the pub with! I'm not to sure how mum is going to react, it should be pretty interesting!

The only thing to left to do is finish packing! BORING!!!
yeah packing all my stuff has been a pain, I've almost finished though, it's so boring.......

I'm nervous as about starting uni because I know no one there, I guess I'm a little anxious as well.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Ultimate
yeah packing all my stuff has been a pain, I've almost finished though, it's so boring.......

I'm nervous as about starting uni because I know no one there, I guess I'm a little anxious as well.
I'm nervous and i'm not even moving and i know a couple of people there - so my heart really goes out to you regional students :D

btw, ultimate, u'd know ppl once u get to wesley, and come and say hi at the commerce lunch :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I dont think I'm excited as I was a few months ago, partly due to a very scary O-week lecture I went to on Economics about why ppl fail, and how u have to work ur ass off. He even told us a girl broke up with his asian boyfriend, and that he was so screwed up about it that he took the lift up to the top of the UNSW Law/library building (the one that has the big UNSW letters at the top) and jumped...
I didnt join many clubs/socs due to my predicted laziness and probable non participation, lol, but I think ill sign up to the "shack" which is a voluntary tutoring service for high school kids provided by UNSW

chait

i'm at the ANU and I was speaking to a guy who graduated from the ANU a year or two ago. He was in his penultimate year of a PASS degree in economics and he went to the usyd summer school to do some extra credits. The only courses which usyd could offer him (which were up to the ANU's standards) were their 4th year honours courses. Naturally usyd was quite embarrassed about this and tried to fudge the whole thing.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by chait
i'm at the ANU and I was speaking to a guy who graduated from the ANU a year or two ago. He was in his penultimate year of a PASS degree in economics and he went to the usyd summer school to do some extra credits. The only courses which usyd could offer him (which were up to the ANU's standards) were their 4th year honours courses. Naturally usyd was quite embarrassed about this and tried to fudge the whole thing.
what's your point chait?;)

as far as I'm concerned as long as you do well in your course that's what counts, not what uni you go to. Besides USyd is well reconised nationally and internationally (like ANU), and really a uni qualific. just looks good on your resume.

Once you go out and work, it's a new ball game.

Last edited:

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by timmii

I'm nervous and i'm not even moving and i know a couple of people there - so my heart really goes out to you regional students :D

btw, ultimate, u'd know ppl once u get to wesley, and come and say hi at the commerce lunch :)
yeah I guess so, I'll most prob be attending the commmerce and science lunches, that's if I don't feel lazy or anything, who knows.

bex

HSC
UNI IS THE GREATEST!!!
ive been an official student for 2 weeks now and i can safely say that im having the time of my life! we have to do everything for ourselves tho, which sucks.. but its so much fun and there are heaps and heaps of new people to make friends with!

mum is suffering "first child moving out of home" angst and its not pretty if i say i want to go anywhere!
dont worry my parents were like that too.. but ive been living on campus for the past 2 weeks and they get used to it pretty quickly! Its so much fun living on campus.. its scary at first cvause it seems like everyone already knows each other and its sad cause you kinda expect your old friends to show up every now and then in a lecture or something but that fades pretty quickly because there are so many great people to meet!!

My dorms are both guys and girls so it was kinda strange to have to share the space after coming from an all girls background.. as well, im the only underage person in my dorm which makes life a bit difficult seeing as every night is bar night!! But the others have al;ready become like big bros and sis's which i absolutely love!!

On monday night, all the returners (2nd 3rd and 4th yrs) came back and we in the towers held a HUUUUUUUUGGGE party! so huge in fact that towers has been declared a no drinking zone for a week and we arent allowed to have any visitors stay over until further notice!! the drinking ban lifts on monday.. so its gonna be another big one!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)