Anyone else off to Japan? (1 Viewer)

ncoul

HSC
Came back from 3 months exchange over the Christmas holidays, amazing place

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Aw I'm so jealous.... My parents wouldn't allow me coz of the 'radiation' there. To hell with that, a few days of radiation wouldn't be enough to kill you....
If you're into anime/manga/technology/akb48, Akihabara, I've heard, is a must! =)
Akihabara yes, so want to go there haha I'm a massive geek

Lucas_

HSC
who goes to japan for schoolies when you can pay alot less and get equally as hammered at byron?

Lucas_

HSC
JAPAN IS SHIT.

go there when your 21.

schoolies should be at a schoolies location getting shit faced.

and well if you dont drink, all your stories suck and your a boring cunt

This man has the right idea

HSC
...Why would you go to Japan to get shitfaced. That's the whole point - NOT to get shitfaced. You can do that in your backyard.

UnicornBlood

HSC
Aw I'm so jealous.... My parents wouldn't allow me coz of the 'radiation' there. To hell with that, a few days of radiation wouldn't be enough to kill you....
If you're into anime/manga/technology/akb48, Akihabara, I've heard, is a must! =)
Akihabara is pretty much the anime capitol of the world. It's definitely a good place to stop by if you're into anime/manga etc but it's likely that you'll impulse buy a lot of stuff and have to mail some of it back home because you can't fit it all with your luggage.

Radiation? It's not like you're going to the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant and roll around in it. As long as you don't go to where radiation is an issue then you're fine. Common sense really. Probably just your parents being overly protective that their kid is going to a foreign country and possibly alone.

Josh1996

HSC
I was highly considering going there and staying near a ski resort to go boarding / skiing for a while. with a few friends from my school.

HSC
How much do you think it will cost?
I'm going too and i wanna know how much will you guys bring

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
I'm not going this year, but I've been to Japan before so i can estimate a price. Without the ticket price you'll be needing around $100 (australian dollars) per day which includes hotel stay at a budget rate. 2 weeks of FUN will probably take you around $2000 including crap you buy like presents and stuff. The food price is roughly the same as Australian prices, just don't go eating western foods while your there, otherwise it'll take a bigger chunk of your pocket. Travel by trains and buy the $9-10 all day pass which will probably save you when you know your going to travel alot on the day. If your visiting multiple cities such as Kyoto,Osaka etc...apart from(I'm guessing) Tokyo the JR rail pass for foreigners will save you alot, it's literally the price of a return ticket for one city and instead you get unlimited use on the shinkansen and other train lines for a limited amount of days. They come in 1,7,14 day tickets. Any other info you need just let me know

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
japan for schoolies?

no but seriously, it's kinda cool and kinda lame at the same time, if you're not the drinking type then it sounds like a pretty awesome place to go

krystalkay

HSC
mate... have u ever been to japan...?
u dont need to be 20 to get drinks, u just need to "look" 20
my friends who are like 17 (Japanese friends, since im Jap lol) goes to Japan every holidays come back with like shitloads of stories about him having a root and getting smashed.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Japan also sells alcohol out of vending machines so the age is not strict.

Also when I went they all thought I was older than i was (and trust me I have a baby face, most people think I am much younger than I actually am).

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Also when I went they all thought I was older than i was (and trust me I have a baby face, most people think I am much younger than I actually am).
brb moving to japan

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC

They updated them with technology where you now need a card if your purchasing something such as alcohol or cigarettes( anything over 18 in a vending machine basically). Before teenagers would often just buy beer or cigarettes and the companies of course didn't mind, until it became a discussion and turned into a rule/law( not sure). You can register yourself for a card at any convienance store

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)